Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How not to do it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/6399045.stm

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

He said he had spent £20,000 hiring a small excavator to dig out a large
area to the side and rear of his home.

Do you not think he deserves everything he gets, and more! £ 20,000
for digger hire! either a gold plated digger or a very slow operator

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:0f1f9b0c2a8f20bc3d75bbb5c1f57440.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
He said he had spent £20,000 hiring a small excavator to dig out a large
area to the side and rear of his home.

Do you not think he deserves everything he gets, and more! £ 20,000
for digger hire! either a gold plated digger or a very slow operator

The news said he had bought an excavator for £20000.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The news said he had bought an excavator for £20000.

The first line of my reply is copied and pasted from the link which was
provided in the original post. The News may have stated differently.
If you care to look at the link you will see that I am commenting upon
what I have read in the supplied link.
Thank you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumpy owd man wrote:
He said he had spent £20,000 hiring a small excavator to dig out a
large area to the side and rear of his home.

Do you not think he deserves everything he gets, and more! £ 20,000
for digger hire! either a gold plated digger or a very slow operator

Reading between the lines, it looks like he's trying to get some sympathy
with this claim...mini diggers don't cost that much to buy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:45:01 -0000, Peter Crosland wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/6399045.stm

There's just *got* to be a bit more to this than the simple explanation
given in the online report. Digging a hole 2m deep for a shed? Common sense
would have made me say to myself 'Nah, that can't be right'.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fallout bunker?
Got the plans for the shed upside down?
Somebody in planning dept does not like him?

....or just plain stupid?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Wanderer typed

Common sense
would have made me say to myself 'Nah, that can't be right'.

Tebbut 'common sense' isn't *that* common is it?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:30:34 +0000, The Wanderer wrote:

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:45:01 -0000, Peter Crosland wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/6399045.stm

There's just *got* to be a bit more to this than the simple explanation
given in the online report. Digging a hole 2m deep for a shed? Common sense
would have made me say to myself 'Nah, that can't be right'.

I agree there are all sorts of plausible hidden agendas on both sides.