Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much is tile adhesive by you?

Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get more
out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, George wrote:

Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get more
out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Not as cheap as Pritt-Sitck at 1.99

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Feb, 16:43, "George" wrote:
Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get more
out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Not waterproof though.
Can you get waterproof plaster ?
Why not use cement like they used to ?
I guess plasterboard adhesive would be even stickier, and is not much
more expensive. It's not at all flexible though, so no good on wooden
floors, wobbly walls etc.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get more
out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Don't be silly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 22 Feb, 16:43, "George" wrote:
Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get

more
out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Not waterproof though.

I'd of thought the water proof grout would seal the backing,but anyway this
DWA will bond to the tile rock solid.

Can you get waterproof plaster ?

No

Why not use cement like they used to ?

Might as well use DWA works out the same price.

I guess plasterboard adhesive would be even stickier, and is not much
more expensive. It's not at all flexible though, so no good on wooden
floors, wobbly walls etc.
Simon.

I did mean Dry wall adhesive sorry...the white stuff that stinks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

+
"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
George wrote:
Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get

more
out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Don't be silly

I'm not,you ever used the drywall adhesive? drys like concrete and has good
suction bonding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you get

more
out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Don't be silly

I'm not,you ever used the drywall adhesive? drys like concrete and has good
suction bonding.

Mmm, Ive got two bags left after dot n dabbing the extension, and I've
a new bathroom planned, :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
George wrote:
Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you
get more out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Don't be silly

Agreed. Some very knowledgeable & qualified people spend years carefully
formulating a product like tile adhesive & testing it. If drywall adhesive
was suitable they would sell it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 22, 8:14 pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
George wrote:
Its dear by me so I've come up with a cheaper alternative and you
get more out of it,plus it sticks tiles rock solid.

A bag of drywall plaster at 4.90GBP

Don't be silly

Agreed. Some very knowledgeable & qualified people spend years carefully
formulating a product like tile adhesive & testing it. If drywall adhesive
was suitable they would sell it.

They do. You can buy it in most Builders and DIY suppliers.

Which tile adhesive? F UK diy 5 February 20th 07 09:38 AM
removing old tile adhesive Lenny Brown UK diy 10 May 3rd 06 07:50 PM
Tile adhesive F UK diy 3 February 14th 06 09:56 AM
Removal of tile adhesive Jen UK diy 8 March 1st 05 12:00 PM
Which is the best tile adhesive john Smith UK diy 6 February 20th 05 10:01 PM