Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dremel tool q

Hi

I've got a million different dremel tools, but something's missing, a
backing disc for the 0.99 million sandpaper discs. I've realised I can
make this with a bit of sheet plastic in a standard drill, which will
rotate slow enough to permit it to be tooled to an accurate disc. The
q now is what plastic to use? I'd rather use something lying around
than go and buy.

My first though is any slightly flexible thermoplastic able to
withstand hot water, so maybe a bit of polypropylene washing bowl or
similar.

Any thoughts?

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

I've got a million different dremel tools, but something's missing, a
backing disc for the 0.99 million sandpaper discs. I've realised I can
make this with a bit of sheet plastic in a standard drill, which will
rotate slow enough to permit it to be tooled to an accurate disc. The
q now is what plastic to use? I'd rather use something lying around
than go and buy.

My first though is any slightly flexible thermoplastic able to
withstand hot water, so maybe a bit of polypropylene washing bowl or
similar.

Any thoughts?

NT

Pop into Aldi see if they still have a box of tools left? £3.99 =101 bits

Dremel (rotary tool) for righthanders? John Doe Metalworking 22 August 23rd 18 04:34 AM
Dremel tool problem [email protected] Metalworking 12 January 20th 06 02:32 AM
dremel rotary tool J.Lef Home Repair 4 September 17th 05 02:04 AM
Non-Dremel rotary tool. beee Woodworking 9 March 23rd 05 05:21 PM