Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Potterton Netaheat Control Board

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the Potterton Electronic Control
Board 407676?

Two weeks ago my Netaheat failed to light when instructed to do so by the
controller. Turning the boiler stat to off and then on caused the boiler to
light and continue working. The following morning same problem and solution.
CH is now on continuous - I do not have a roomstat (that's a discussion for
another time!) all rads have thermostatic valves. So what can be wrong? As
long as power is maintained to the boiler everything works, (and has done
for two weeks thankfully) but why should opening the boiler stat contact and
then closing them again cause the boiler to fire up and then work correctly?
Incidentally I installed the boiler 15 years ago and apart from cleaning and
one new spark bracket has worked perfectly until now :-(

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Feb, 17:32, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:
[...]

Hi

had one of these and replaced pcb with one from

http://www.cetltd.com/

- and replacement worked fine and gave the old boiler new lease of
life at reasonable cost - hth

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Strange problem but please be careful.. have you a bypass as if not
this may trip the high limit when the rads all close off.. Leave one
open if you dont have a bypass and on the other hand is the pump over
run wired in as if the boiler turns off and the pump over run cannot
disperse the residual heat it will also trip the high limit stat.
hope this helps

pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter
Andrews writes
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the Potterton Electronic Control
Board 407676?

Two weeks ago my Netaheat failed to light when instructed to do so by the
controller. Turning the boiler stat to off and then on caused the boiler to
light and continue working. The following morning same problem and solution.
CH is now on continuous - I do not have a roomstat (that's a discussion for
another time!) all rads have thermostatic valves. So what can be wrong? As
long as power is maintained to the boiler everything works, (and has done
for two weeks thankfully) but why should opening the boiler stat contact and
then closing them again cause the boiler to fire up and then work correctly?
Incidentally I installed the boiler 15 years ago and apart from cleaning and
one new spark bracket has worked perfectly until now :-(

There are two different pcb designs

but that's prolly not where your problem lies - the pcb doesn't know
whether it's heating for CH or DHW

--
geoff