Senior Member

Default Possible to Fix a Trevi Thermostat Cartridge?

Three years ago I replaced the thermostat cartridge of an old Trevi shower. part A963068NU (Ideal Standard)

Today I had to buy a new one because the old one failed. The water flow would decrease substantially a few seconds after turning the water on.

I am in London and there is some scaling in the part but nothing extraordinary.

I have also been told that these parts should "last forever". But the guarantee for parts is only 1 year, not five.

Is there any possibility of fixing the old part?

I am thinking of immersing it in Harpic cleaner or other descaling product.

Is there any point in trying to open it up?

Based on experience many times parts can be easily fixed at little expense. But this one seems like a quite massive block and I prefer to ask.

Thanks,

Antonio
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.screwfix.com/talk/thread....eID=25 0773On
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:25:44 +0000, asalcedo
wrote:

[...]

Seems you are not alone.

http://www.screwfix.com/talk/thread....ageID=25 0773
Senior Member