Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas pipes boxed in

Is it permitted to box in a gas pipe when dry lining a wall with
plasterboard and battens

Sam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sam Farrell wrote:
Is it permitted to box in a gas pipe when dry lining a wall with
plasterboard and battens

Sam

You had 6 replies to this when you posted 2 days ago

Posted to uk.d-i-y

For some reason I coudn't find the answers on the server so I thought it
had fallen down a great black hole.

Still can't find it so can you tell me please what was the majority opinion,
yes or no to boxing in pipes

Sam
"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
Sam Farrell wrote:
Is it permitted to box in a gas pipe when dry lining a wall with
plasterboard and battens

Sam

You had 6 replies to this when you posted 2 days ago

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:02:09 +0000, Sam Farrell wrote:

Is it permitted to box in a gas pipe when dry lining a wall with
plasterboard and battens

Sam

Please read BS 6891 linked below under Gas Fitting Standards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Ed,

I studied the regs and found the answer. Once again this news group has come
up trumps.

Sam

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:02:09 +0000, Sam Farrell wrote:

Is it permitted to box in a gas pipe when dry lining a wall with
plasterboard and battens

Sam

Please read BS 6891 linked below under Gas Fitting Standards.

Gas Fitting Standards Docs he
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFittingStandards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Sam Farrell
writes
Thanks Ed,

I studied the regs and found the answer. Once again this news group has come
up trumps.

If you lose another thread on your server, try google advanced groups search:
http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_search , slot in uk.d-i-y in the 'group' and
Gas pipes boxed in the search field and bob's your wotsit, this thread top and
the original third.

More options Show message list makes it a bit more readable, I usually
sort by date and select 50 messages per thread:
http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_...oring=d&num=50
is my bookmark.
--
fred