Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dry lining over a gas pipe

I am drylining a wall by puting up battens then fixing plaster board. There
is a gas pipe running up the wall, am I allowed to hide the pipe under the
plaster board

Sam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sam Farrell wrote:
I am drylining a wall by puting up battens then fixing plaster board. There
is a gas pipe running up the wall, am I allowed to hide the pipe under the
plaster board

I asked the same question a few days ago!:
http://tinyurl.com/ywq5w8 (or
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_frm/thread/364115122f44956c/2ce2df8bf60e1e8f?lnk=st&q=&rnum=22&hl=en)

Check Ed Sirett's sig for a link to the various gas standards

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sam Farrell wrote:
I am drylining a wall by puting up battens then fixing plaster board.
There is a gas pipe running up the wall, am I allowed to hide the
pipe under the plaster board

Sam

Yes.
You can put some duck tape around it if you like, but it's not imperative.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
Sam Farrell wrote:
I am drylining a wall by puting up battens then fixing plaster board.
There is a gas pipe running up the wall, am I allowed to hide the
pipe under the plaster board

Sam

Yes.
You can put some duck tape around it if you like, but it's not imperative.

What is the reason for wrapping it with Duck Tape? - Steve B.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

steveybar wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
Sam Farrell wrote:
I am drylining a wall by puting up battens then fixing plaster
board. There is a gas pipe running up the wall, am I allowed to
hide the pipe under the plaster board

Sam

Yes.
You can put some duck tape around it if you like, but it's not
imperative.

What is the reason for wrapping it with Duck Tape? - Steve B.

The copper can be affected by alkalis from plaster, cement, etc, - the tape
prevents the copper being in contact with these alkalis...as I said, it's
not imperative in this case, but we don't know what's in/on the wall behind
the battens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:49:32 +0000, steveybar wrote:

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
Sam Farrell wrote:
I am drylining a wall by puting up battens then fixing plaster board.
There is a gas pipe running up the wall, am I allowed to hide the
pipe under the plaster board

Sam

Yes.
You can put some duck tape around it if you like, but it's not imperative.

What is the reason for wrapping it with Duck Tape? - Steve B.

While Duck/Duct tape would probably do the job.
The usual method to comply with the 8.9.4(e) is to apply denso (yuk!) tape
around the pipe where it comes through the p/board.

Note that pipe is to be run in a purpose provided duct within the stud
wall.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Ed Sirett contains these words:

Note that pipe is to be run in a purpose provided duct within the stud
wall.

Metal trunking, or a plasterboard box or what?

--
Skipweasel

Dry lining a damp wall Bodgit UK diy 10 December 30th 06 01:08 PM
Dry Lining Gunther Gloop UK diy 33 September 18th 06 02:35 PM
Dry Lining and required gap Stephen Jones UK diy 17 March 1st 05 03:05 AM
Dry lining boxes John Horne UK diy 1 January 19th 04 12:59 PM
Woodburners and dry lining 4-LOM UK diy 12 January 17th 04 12:06 PM