Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is this toolbox any good? Any comments?

I'm looking for a biggish, fairly mobile, toolbox and this caught my
eye:-
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?SKU=SG32797

Does anyone here have one like this or similar? Any comments?

I already have a 'trolley toolbox' with wheels a bit like this but my
current one has trays so you have to take the top ones out to get at
tools at the bottom. The one above seems as if it overcomes this
problem to some extent.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I'm looking for a biggish, fairly mobile, toolbox and this caught my
eye:-
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?SKU=SG32797

Does anyone here have one like this or similar? Any comments?

I already have a 'trolley toolbox' with wheels a bit like this but my
current one has trays so you have to take the top ones out to get at
tools at the bottom. The one above seems as if it overcomes this
problem to some extent.

I have the Stanley Rolling Workshop
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/se...orkshop/page/1 -
the galvanised steel one. I've seen a lot of plastic ones and they all
appeared flimsey & had dodgy telescopic handles.

I don't need mine now I have the van, if you are interested.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
I'm looking for a biggish, fairly mobile, toolbox and this caught my
eye:-
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?SKU=SG32797

Does anyone here have one like this or similar? Any comments?

I already have a 'trolley toolbox' with wheels a bit like this but my
current one has trays so you have to take the top ones out to get at
tools at the bottom. The one above seems as if it overcomes this
problem to some extent.

I have the Stanley Rolling Workshop
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/se...orkshop/page/1 -
the galvanised steel one. I've seen a lot of plastic ones and they all
appeared flimsey & had dodgy telescopic handles.

I don't need mine now I have the van, if you are interested.

My current one (plastic) is strong enough, just not quite as practical as I
would like. Did you find that yours worked well for you?

I think it might cost rather a lot to get your Rolling Workshop to me in
Essex, but thanks for the offer.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-05 23:38:08 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

wrote:
I think it might cost rather a lot to get your Rolling Workshop to me
in Essex, but thanks for the offer.

Where in Essex?

I suppose if it's downstream of a certain point, you could drop it in
the river and let it float there ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We are a China factory that specializes in manufacturing a varieties
of decorative lighting, such as LED ROPE LIGHT,LED STRING LIGHT,LED
TWINKLE LIGHT,LED icicle light,LED NET LIGHT,CURTAIN LIGHT,LED
bulbs,LED Motif,and so on Just take a look to our website:
www.starlinklighting.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-02-06 06:43:00 +0000, "led lighting" said:

We are a China factory that specializes in manufacturing a varieties
of decorative lighting, such as LED ROPE LIGHT,LED STRING LIGHT,LED
TWINKLE LIGHT,LED icicle light,LED NET LIGHT,CURTAIN LIGHT,LED
bulbs,LED Motif,and so on Just take a look to our website:
www.starlinklighting.com

Oh of course - the perfect solution.

A long string of LED lighting attached to the toolbox, floated down
the Medway, out into
the Thames until it reaches the Essex bank. With power applied,
shipping could be warned
as well.

On 2鏈6鏃, 涓嬪崍12鏃39鍒, Andy Hall

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Except that I live in Suffolk - why on earth did I say Essex?

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote

I'm looking for a biggish, fairly mobile, toolbox and this caught my
eye:-
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?SKU=SG32797

Does anyone here have one like this or similar? Any comments?

When they get even a little bit worn (or dirty or damp or when the
moon's in the last quarter or something) those top 2 trays become
b*ggers to slide in and out. They particularly don't like to close that
last cm -- which is the bit which latches them shut.

Which means that, when you unclip and take off the toolbox part, the
trays will slide open on the own -- naturally, as smooth as silk! -- and
dump the contents (usually carefully sorted drills, screws, Rawlplugs,
washers, etc) onto the garage floor.

Happened to me twice.

--
-blj-

Arena kitchens - any comments (good or bad)? Andy Phillips UK diy 1 January 25th 06 06:21 PM
PORTABLE TOOLBOX J T Woodworking 0 January 13th 06 06:12 AM
Have any of you used this toolbox? [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 20th 05 08:16 AM
Oh no! Buying a toolbox... B.B. Metalworking 60 November 28th 05 10:06 PM
OT - Toolbox Cliff Metalworking 6 September 18th 05 12:52 AM