Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A quick rising damp question...

Has anyone ever come across rising damp that's so bad that the internal
bricks (1-2 bricks above DPC) are literally wet to the touch? (not just damp
but literally dripping with water)

Just to give a bit of background, 1930's semi - brick built with cavity and
visible DPC. The pointing has seen better days but other than that the
gutters are fine, there's no leaky pipes (that I can find!) etc etc.
Anyway, could dodgy pointing cause such obvious internal damp problems?

I've had a damp proof 'expert' out who scratched his head for a while then
offered to charge me £600 to squirt the wall full of stuff, but he seemed
rather confused when looking at it, which didn't fill me with confidence...
:-)

?

Andy

Rising Damp TS UK diy 8 June 10th 06 06:51 PM
Rising damp D.M. Procida UK diy 2 December 4th 05 08:39 PM
Rising damp [email protected] UK diy 15 October 25th 05 02:41 PM
rising damp problem dustie UK diy 5 July 14th 04 05:42 PM
DIY rising damp proofing - quick question Ali Mac UK diy 12 March 20th 04 02:07 PM