Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dom Dom is offline

Default Oil boiler on the blink ?

My oil fired boiler worked fine this morning but this evening refuses
to fire up - the water moves through the pipes etc (perfectly normal
when switched on) but I don't hear it fire up.

Time to call out the boiler repairman I guess? Or is there anything
that I can do?

An amber light comes on on the burner unit when I press the switch on
the timer unit so that timer unit is okay.

The boiler is a Danesmoor 15/19 - is there any servicing info on the
'net that I could utilise if only as a stop gap measure (it's either
that or I freeze to death ;-) )

Oh yes, the burner unit is a Bentone Inter B9-B Worcester 15/19

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dom Dom is offline

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:50:17 GMT, (Dom)

BTW, there's plenty of oil in the oil tank and the boiler was lasted
serviced 2 years ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dom Dom is offline

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:43:18 GMT, "Julian" wrote:

Assuming it's of a type with which I'm familiar (pressure jet burner)

Is an Electro Oil Inter B9-B a pressure jet burner? I don't know.

then
the lockout could have been caused by the flame failure devise, AKA 'magic
eye' - a photocell. The glass front of which gets covered in soot, you just
clean it up with a cloth. Mine seemed to soot up about every two years, that
was easily overcome with a pre-seasonal clean, just a 10 minute job.

Any ideas how I go about finding the location of the photo cell
please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

photo cell located on the side of the burner but can be traced with a
black two core flex going back to the control box.
usually can be pulled out of the burner quite easilly.
still get it serviced as that can inprove you fuel efficiency as well
as its reliabillity,

Pete

Dom wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:43:18 GMT, "Julian" wrote:

Assuming it's of a type with which I'm familiar (pressure jet burner)

Is an Electro Oil Inter B9-B a pressure jet burner? I don't know.

then
the lockout could have been caused by the flame failure devise, AKA 'magic
eye' - a photocell. The glass front of which gets covered in soot, you just
clean it up with a cloth. Mine seemed to soot up about every two years, that
was easily overcome with a pre-seasonal clean, just a 10 minute job.

Any ideas how I go about finding the location of the photo cell
please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gasman pete wrote:
photo cell located on the side of the burner but can be traced with a
black two core flex going back to the control box.
usually can be pulled out of the burner quite easilly.
still get it serviced as that can inprove you fuel efficiency as well
as its reliabillity,

Yeah. I used to get some old lag to service my old bpiler. He used to
change the jet, wipe the photocell, charge me 50 quid and bugger off.

Total tosser.

Oil boiler recommendation Ian UK diy 1 December 31st 06 01:06 AM
Oil boiler replacement Dyvim Home Repair 11 May 11th 06 05:01 PM
Warmflow Oil Boiler leveled UK diy 3 April 8th 06 09:23 PM
Replacement oil CH boiler PeterK UK diy 13 January 31st 06 12:56 PM
oil fired boiler help pjti UK diy 10 July 16th 03 10:13 PM