DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scam Warning (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/189810-scam-warning.html)

BlueJohn January 20th 07 10:46 PM

Scam Warning

I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy, dressed in rather
shabby orange overalls, asked me if I wanted decking.

Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that.

Those less suspecting might not be so lucky - be on your guard !

gort January 21st 07 08:51 AM

Scam Warning

BlueJohn wrote:

I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy, dressed in rather
shabby orange overalls, asked me if I wanted decking.

Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that.

Those less suspecting might not be so lucky - be on your guard !

Been listening to Radio 2 have we ?. Actually that ' joke' appeared on here
over 12 months ago.

Dave

[email protected] January 21st 07 10:10 AM

Scam Warning

BlueJohn wrote:

I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy, dressed in rather
shabby orange overalls, asked me if I wanted decking.

Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that.

Those less suspecting might not be so lucky - be on your guard !

At least you didnt get called a sheet product, or you'd have had to
knock the sheet outta him.

Sorry its a sheet joke, I know.

NT

Robbo January 21st 07 02:06 PM

Scam Warning

wrote in message
ups.com...
BlueJohn wrote:

I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy, dressed in rather
shabby orange overalls, asked me if I wanted decking.

Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that.

Those less suspecting might not be so lucky - be on your guard !

At least you didnt get called a sheet product, or you'd have had to
knock the sheet outta him.

Sorry its a sheet joke, I know.

There'll be a board meeting about that you know where they'll hammer out
until some plank chips in and nail the problem I reckon.

Andy Hall January 21st 07 07:09 PM

Scam Warning

On 2007-01-21 10:10:20 +0000, said:

BlueJohn wrote:

I walked into B&Q at lunchtime and some old guy, dressed in rather
shabby orange overalls, asked me if I wanted decking.

Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that.

Those less suspecting might not be so lucky - be on your guard !

At least you didnt get called a sheet product, or you'd have had to
knock the sheet outta him.

Sorry its a sheet joke, I know.

NT

... and would have worked better in its original form referring to Home
Depot, where in some localities, the signs over the aisles are in
English and Spanish.