Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default blade thickness, 13A plug earth pin ?

I'm crap with a micrometer - can anyone with one available (or detailed
specs) tell me what the blade width should be of the earth pin of a
standard 13A plug please ?

This has come about because of a cheap AC charger with a plastic earth
pin which I suspect is out of spec - its a bloody tight fit in two
different manufacturers' sockets...

A normal brass pin (if i'm not mistaken) is about 4.1mm wide, but this
seems to be 4.3-4.4mm wide

TIA :-}