Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

Default Condensation and single glazing

Out in the sales (window shopping mostly) it occured to me that I have
never noticed any condensation on shop windows - or even signs of
ponding on the internal cills.

The few I looked at today did not have any heaters near the windows,
and doors were far enough away so as not to give much air circulation
to the some of the glazed areas.

It was on my mind, because I have been asked to look into designing a
'frameless' conservatory which will require large sheets of toughed
glass, and by all acoounts this will have to be single glazing. So I
was wondering how to deal with [any] condensation.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dg wrote:

Out in the sales (window shopping mostly) it occured to me that I have
never noticed any condensation on shop windows - or even signs of
ponding on the internal cills.

The few I looked at today did not have any heaters near the windows,
and doors were far enough away so as not to give much air circulation
to the some of the glazed areas.

It was on my mind, because I have been asked to look into designing a
'frameless' conservatory which will require large sheets of toughed
glass, and by all acoounts this will have to be single glazing. So I
was wondering how to deal with [any] condensation.

dg

Keep interior RH down, preferably by addressing any sources of excess
RH, or using a humidistatic dehumidifier.

NT

Condensation on double glazing [email protected] UK diy 26 February 21st 06 04:14 AM
Condensation on double glazing [email protected] Home Repair 27 February 21st 06 04:14 AM
Condensation John Edgar UK diy 14 March 19th 05 10:12 PM
Condensation Zinzan Home Repair 8 February 5th 05 10:36 PM
Condensation dizasster Home Repair 1 February 2nd 05 12:28 AM