Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did you know...

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
...that VAT ( at 17.5%) is levied on the poppy wreaths which
are laid at war memorials on Remembrance Day?

I only discovered that fact this year, and to say that I was
extremely upset would be to put it mildly.

So I got in touch with my MP, who has 'done his MP thing' and
has received a reply from Dawn Primarolo as a result, stating
that, basically, there is nothing that can be done about it now,
and the VAT charge will remain....

Well, I told my MP that I was going to make a point of bringing
this fact to the attention of as many people as I could...

This is part of that attempt! I would ask anyone who feels that
this charge should NOT be levied on wreaths, made by a charity, which
in the main are bought by associations which are themselves charitable
institutions, to get in touch with your own MP and voice your concerns.

Thank you.

--
AnneJ

Thank you Anne, I'll do that.