Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I've had an idea. I'm a bit clueless with DIY. I want to put up a roller blind, here are some photos - sensible?

Hi

Here are some photos of my window:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/DSC00036.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/DSC00035.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/DSC00034.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/DSC00033.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/DSC00032.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/DSC00032.jpg

I have NEVER done any DIY before. I'm 19. First year at uni. Want to
learn to do things for myself

I did some research:

Help on installing roller Blinds - PDF file on :
http://www.homebase.co.uk/wcsstore/h...llerblind.html

I decided on a suitable Roller Blind:
http://www.johnlewis.com/Home+and+Ga...1/Product.aspx

PLEASE - if you can spare a few mins, please help me out:

Q. Is it sensible for me to put up a roller blind? (I want to block out
light mainly)

Q. I need to purchase or borrow a drill (cordless drill? Hammer drill?)
I've seen on in Argos that has 'laser' guidance - seems like a good
idea for idiots such as myself (so I don't drill into the wrong place)

Q. What is the best position for me to put the blind up? (I dont need
it to 'look pretty'. I just want it to block out light)

Should I just hire someone to do it for me? ( I wish I could afford
to!)
(I rent so want to do it fairly discreetly. I can always remove the
blind when I leave so the landlord need never know)

roller blind fabric David Jones UK diy 5 October 21st 05 10:24 AM
fixing a roller blind [email protected] UK diy 5 September 27th 05 10:08 AM
roller blind brackets stuart noble UK diy 4 March 26th 04 10:55 AM
Roller Blind making Stuart UK diy 4 February 20th 04 04:25 PM
roller blind help Tony Williams UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 04:20 PM