Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gunkeys.

How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

Is this like the barometer question? Coz I can think of at least 4 ways so
far.

clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

Just been wathcing 'Billion Dollar Brain' per chance?

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

Just been watching 'Billion Dollar Brain' per chance?

Yeah, their slugs are pretty clever too. I can't imagine it's a simple
trick to do in reality. I think I'd be tempted to try and remove a
section of door rather than just bend all the gubbins to hell.

Probably take a shell or two out and blunt the noses of them to make
sure they splatter nicely then shoot along side the lock. Meanwhile the
baddie gets away (It's always the baddies closing the door and the
goodies with the guns isn't it?

Just like real life.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "Weatherlawyer" contains these words:

How do you open a locked door with a pistol?

Point it at the person holding the keys and say, politely "Excuse me,
old chap, would you mind awfully...."

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

They vibrate the pins in the lock. Do a google on lockpicking.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

I suspect the theory is that you simply do enough gross trauma on the
lock so it gives up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:

How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

I suspect the theory is that you simply do enough gross trauma on the
lock so it gives up.

Or stand close with a shotgun and just remove all the wood the lock is
fixed to!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

How do you open a locked door with a pistol? It's an art form every
USAn seems familiar with but should occasion arise, I fear I may have
some difficulty with the method.

I suspect the theory is that you simply do enough gross trauma on the
lock so it gives up.

Or stand close with a shotgun and just remove all the wood the lock is
fixed to!

--

What you want is a breaching round
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaching_round