Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting A Bath Overflow

The overflow fitting on a bath . I mean the parts that fit just below the taps
which consists of a faceplate and the other part behind the bath .Do they come
in different sizes .The one I got from Screwfix..... The facing covers the hole
ok but the part that comes from behind the bath is 35mm diameter but the hole is
50mm diameter so there is a lot of lateral movement available .

I havent fitted it yet but I can see already that the two parts are going to be
hard to tighten up properly . Two thin rubber washers and one thicker plastic
one have been supplied although it's not clear where each one goes .If I do use
it I can see me having to use silicone and tape to get it tight ,especially if I
am fussy about having the part that secures the chain horizontal..

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A 50mm hole is normally required for a pop up bath waste,and will not fit a
standard waste

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:18:09 -0000, "Alex" wrote:

A 50mm hole is normally required for a pop up bath waste,and will not fit a
standard waste

I presume you mean the waste won't fit the hole...... Well this one is going to
fit it .I am determined .I do not want a popup waste .I had one before .

A piece of suitable plastic with a hole drilled out with a holesaw and siliconed
to the back of the bath should do .

bath without fitted overflow sm_jamieson UK diy 4 May 25th 06 12:18 AM
Looking for a bath overflow that is flush with the bath surface? Peter UK diy 0 October 18th 05 02:07 PM
Bath overflow fillers Peter Riocreux UK diy 6 March 14th 05 07:15 PM
Bath Overflow Pipe dougval UK diy 3 January 4th 05 09:22 PM
Overflow on new bath leaking BigWallop UK diy 4 July 25th 03 02:56 PM