Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

Default Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

On 29 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:01:42 GMT, Will wrote:

On 28 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:20:11 GMT, Will wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:39 UTC, Will
wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

If you knew as much about Usenet as you pretend, you'd know
that few servers hnour the NNTP CANCEL these days.

Do you know the difference between "tried a cancel" and "done a
cancel"? Good. Then you will understand why I wrote "try".

The reason I did not TRY a cancel is because not being a "noob" I
know it won't work .!!!!
Stuart

Do you "KNOW" that or just "THINK" that?

Maybe your ISP's newserver doesn't carry control.cancel or won't
propagate them? Or maybe your newsreader won't let you easily
issue the command? But that hardly means it is not at all possible.

Cancel attacks on the Usenet never occur now?
NNTP control messages no longer viable? http://tinyurl.com/yczjk2

I do KNOW the meaning of the word KNOW.

Right. Then that's a good start. We're talking the same language.

What about answering the other questions I ask?
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In message , Will
writes
On 28 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly
prices? I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only
£3.35 from Ink World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

The problem seems to me to be that you want to buy something
specific of very little value (profit) and pay next to nothing
for the postage (administration)

a classic hiding to nowhere I would have thought

just go to a shop and buy one

Now, of course, if you used a bit of grey matter you could
phone Letts or Adler or whoever and inform them that you were a
new business just setting up and wanted to give customers
complementary diaries with your company name on - could they
send you a couple of samples ?

Way cool even if devious. :-)

But I guess you missed the last line of the original post:

"Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these."

No - they just clocked you as a ****** and answered as such

Run out of diaries ?
I don't really think so, do you ?

No, of course they have not run out of diaries but they have run
out of all the models I listed in my posting. What a pity you
couldn't read it properly. Try Specsavers.

Why not try Letts Online http://www.letts.co.uk/store/
or call CS on 0870 421 4381 and see if you can place an order. How
about it, Raden?

I really don't need to - I get more than enough free ones from
customers and suppliers

Well done - that was a quick change of subject in order to get out of
checking your facts. I wrote that Letts Online and the Letts
customer phone line did not have any of these diaries. You sneered
that you didn't really think so. So I asked if you wanted to check
the facts.

Then you sidestepped having to prove your sneer by saying you had
enough diaries. Of course, you could check without buying one but I
guess you know when you have forgotten to engage brain before mouth.

I don't think I side-stepped anything

AFAIK I just called you a ****** and you are doing your best to prove me
right

Bye - I just don't care enough or have any inclination to continue this
thread

--
geoff
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 29 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
On 28 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

[...]

Calling me names is just child's talk. I asked you to substantiated
your ignorant sneer. I informed you and you declined. Good move.
mate. Saves you getting too embarassed.