Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice sought on lounge furniture

I would like to install some furniture in our lounge to accomodate a
TV, and hi-fi equipment, plus CD/DVD collection. I've searched around,
and found either tiny TV units, or huge monolithic things which
overshadow the whole room. I'd like something more minimalistic - a
long low bench type structure on which to place the TV and hi-fi
equipment, with some shelving units.
We were in Leekes in Melksham this weekend, and they are a distributor
for Moebel Hartmann furniture. This is very nice looking stuff, albeit
expensive, but is just what we're looking for. As Hartmann are a German
based manufacturer there is very little information about them in the
UK, and not that many places selling it in the UK.
My questions are, has anyone dealt with Hartmann furniture, and has any
thoughts on it, or can recommend some similar furniture manufacturer
who is more accessible in the UK?

Thanks for reading.
Andrew.