Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much should I expect my gas bill to be?

I moved to a new property and new to gas CH

I have my central heating on for 10 hours a day. No thermostat.
3 one plate radiators fully open all the time.
The boiler temp is around 70 deg

My boiler is worcester24CDI Combi modulation control. In quick
calculation the boiler is fire in total for 15 min every hour. And I
take one shower of about 20 min a day.

How much should I expect my gas bill to be?

any one with the same configarition ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Golan" wrote in message
ups.com...
I moved to a new property and new to gas CH

I have my central heating on for 10 hours a day. No thermostat.
3 one plate radiators fully open all the time.
The boiler temp is around 70 deg

My boiler is worcester24CDI Combi modulation control. In quick
calculation the boiler is fire in total for 15 min every hour. And I
take one shower of about 20 min a day.

How much should I expect my gas bill to be?

any one with the same configarition ?

Errr, just take the difference after a set period of the gas meter reading
and multiply by the cost per Kilowatt hour or whatever the meter units /
bill units are measured in. That just might be a little more accurate or
rather it will be 100% correct!!

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
Golan wrote:
I moved to a new property and new to gas CH

I have my central heating on for 10 hours a day. No thermostat.
3 one plate radiators fully open all the time.
The boiler temp is around 70 deg

My boiler is worcester24CDI Combi modulation control. In quick
calculation the boiler is fire in total for 15 min every hour. And I
take one shower of about 20 min a day.

How much should I expect my gas bill to be?

Read the meter?

any one with the same configarition ?

Unlikely to find an identical installation and use. The meter is the only
common thing.

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
Golan wrote:
I moved to a new property and new to gas CH

I have my central heating on for 10 hours a day. No thermostat.
3 one plate radiators fully open all the time.
The boiler temp is around 70 deg

My boiler is worcester24CDI Combi modulation control. In quick
calculation the boiler is fire in total for 15 min every hour. And I
take one shower of about 20 min a day.

How much should I expect my gas bill to be?

Read the meter?

any one with the same configarition ?

Unlikely to find an identical installation and use. The meter is the only
common thing.

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

It is impassable to understand the meter. Can some one give me the way
to calculate my meter? I can take pictures of it and give the numbers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Nov 2006 05:06:53 -0800, "Golan" wrote:

It is impassable to understand the meter. Can some one give me the way
to calculate my meter? I can take pictures of it and give the numbers.

Your bill should give you instructions to read the meter. The worst
one to read is the old type with a lot of dials. Like this

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/homee...=smallbusiness

Posted to uk.d-i-y

EricP wrote:
On 20 Nov 2006 05:06:53 -0800, "Golan" wrote:

It is impassable to understand the meter. Can some one give me the way
to calculate my meter? I can take pictures of it and give the numbers.

Your bill should give you instructions to read the meter. The worst
one to read is the old type with a lot of dials. Like this

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/homee...=smallbusiness

My meter is digital

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/homee...=smallbusiness

When I got in to the property and start to use the gas it was on 3875
and now 3 weeks after it on 3903

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

EricP wrote:
On 20 Nov 2006 05:06:53 -0800, "Golan" wrote:

It is impassable to understand the meter. Can some one give me the way
to calculate my meter? I can take pictures of it and give the numbers.

Your bill should give you instructions to read the meter. The worst
one to read is the old type with a lot of dials. Like this

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/homee...=smallbusiness

My meter is digital

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/homee...=smallbusiness

When I got in to the property and start to use the gas it was on 3875
and now 3 weeks after it on 3903

So you've used 28 units (cubic metres).

What's so hard about that?

You then multiply this by the calorific value of the gas.
This changes from time to time but on my last bill was
39

and convert into Kwh equivilence (divide by 3.6)

equals 303.

Then multiply by the price of the gas.

Easy peezy :-)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

EricP wrote:
[...]

the price of gas unit is 4.127P so if i multiply 4.127*303=1250.481

Doesn't look right to me

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

EricP wrote:
[...]

12 pounds 50p for three weeks in autumn?

Tis a bit low, but is in the right ball-park.

The back of my bill says:

"to check the cubic meters of gas that you have used,
multiply the reading by 2.8. You don't need to do this
if you have a metric meter"

Perhaps you need to do this! God knows how you find
out (without asking the gas company)

BTW you need to find a cheaper supplier.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Golan" typed

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

EricP wrote:
[...]

Why not?

£12.50 for 3 weeks would mean a £50-£60 bill for 3 months.

I pay over double that, but have a three-bedroomed semi-detached house,
in which the heating is on for 16 hours/day.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim\(yet another new home\)" typed

12 pounds 50p for three weeks in autumn?

Tis a bit low, but is in the right ball-park.

He only has three radiators.

I have 7 downstairs and 4 upstairs...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-11-20 22:55:36 +0000, Helen Deborah Vecht
said:

"tim\(yet another new home\)" typed

12 pounds 50p for three weeks in autumn?

Tis a bit low, but is in the right ball-park.

He only has three radiators.

I have 7 downstairs and 4 upstairs...

Tis not the number that matters but the sizes, though...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

EricP wrote:
[...]

Tim regards to you need to find a cheaper supplier.

i am with EDF Dual Fuel and thay charge me 4.127p For the first 5860
kWH and 2.596p after that

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall typed

On 2006-11-20 22:55:36 +0000, Helen Deborah Vecht
said:

"tim\(yet another new home\)" typed

12 pounds 50p for three weeks in autumn?

Tis a bit low, but is in the right ball-park.

He only has three radiators.

I have 7 downstairs and 4 upstairs...

Tis not the number that matters but the sizes, though...

Indeed; three of my downstairs rads line the front bay, rather than a
single curve rad.

I suspect I'm heating a larger volume than Golan but the cushy south of
England might not need quite as much heating as where he stays.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Andy Hall typed

On 2006-11-20 22:55:36 +0000, Helen Deborah Vecht
said:

"tim\(yet another new home\)" typed

12 pounds 50p for three weeks in autumn?

Tis a bit low, but is in the right ball-park.

He only has three radiators.

I have 7 downstairs and 4 upstairs...

Tis not the number that matters but the sizes, though...

Indeed; three of my downstairs rads line the front bay, rather than a
single curve rad.

I suspect I'm heating a larger volume than Golan but the cushy south of
England might not need quite as much heating as where he stays.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

i am in a flat in london.

1 bad 4 rad only 3 on 2 on full and one open just to be wormish. 2
baths aday and 2 times dish wasing up.

CH on for around 10 houres a day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
On 20 Nov,
"tim\(yet another new home\)" wrote:

"to check the cubic meters of gas that you have used,
multiply the reading by 2.8. You don't need to do this
if you have a metric meter"

Perhaps you need to do this! God knows how you find
out (without asking the gas company)

Sheesh! What's happened to modern education!

If i says cubic metres it is .......

If it says (hundreds of) Cu ft it is ........

Please fill in the blanks. If you can't, IQ must be less than 60.

Well obviously.....

but where is it one is to look for this?

On the bill is not the answer.

(and don't think that I haven't made sure that it
isn't on the meter)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
"Golan" wrote in message
oups.com...

EricP wrote:
[...]

Atlantic E&G

3.21 for first (not sure)
2.37 thereafter.

Though it is going up next year to 3.6/2.66

Apparently I get 6% off if I pay by monthy direct debit.
I'm actually peeved that I don't get a discount for quarterly
DD, I'm sure uswitch said that I should.

and Ebico, that David H posted a link to last week are 2.55
for all usage.

I've only just moved into a gas household, so I can't
comment on service quality.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

tim(yet another new home) wrote:

On the bill is not the answer.

(and don't think that I haven't made sure that it
isn't on the meter)

look again if is Cu Ft then it will say ft3

--
djc