DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Warning Light on Speedfight 2 scooter (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/182642-warning-light-speedfight-2-scooter.html)

Osprey November 14th 06 11:51 PM

Warning Light on Speedfight 2 scooter

A little off normal diy topic, but it will be a diy repair.

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo
console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

I have a Haynes manual and all 3 Speedfight wiring diagrams only show
there to be the first 3 lights.

Now the problem is that this light has come on ... now when you turn
ignition away from it's normal running position, this light comes on.
If you remove the key .. the light stays on.

This would tend to suggest to me it's related to charging, but then
why would it stay on when key is removed ?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

It's a 50cc water cooled engine, in case it's relevant.

Cats Whiskers November 15th 06 05:55 AM

"Osprey" wrote:
BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

I have no idea, but if you phone your nearest Peugeot scooter dealer they
will tell you. Try Yellow Pages or
http://www.nxgn-ltd.com/ezweblite/PUBLIC/STYLES/Peugeot_new/dealer_locator.asp
..

Matty F November 15th 06 03:38 PM

Osprey wrote:

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo
console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

How about "low fuel"?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

You might run out of fuel :)
Put some more fuel in and see if the light goes out.

Osprey November 15th 06 05:29 PM

Matty F wrote:
Osprey wrote:

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo
console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

How about "low fuel"?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

You might run out of fuel :)
Put some more fuel in and see if the light goes out.

Did think of that - filling tank made no difference ...

The Natural Philosopher November 15th 06 06:50 PM

Osprey wrote:
Matty F wrote:
Osprey wrote:

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo
console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

How about "low fuel"?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

You might run out of fuel :)
Put some more fuel in and see if the light goes out.

Did think of that - filling tank made no difference ...

Low battery if it has one..if you don't have the drivers manual, get one.

raden November 15th 06 08:13 PM

Warning Light on Speedfight 2 scooter

In message . com,
Osprey writes
A little off normal diy topic, but it will be a diy repair.

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo
console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

I have a Haynes manual and all 3 Speedfight wiring diagrams only show
there to be the first 3 lights.

Now the problem is that this light has come on ... now when you turn
ignition away from it's normal running position, this light comes on.
If you remove the key .. the light stays on.

This would tend to suggest to me it's related to charging, but then
why would it stay on when key is removed ?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

It's a 50cc water cooled engine, in case it's relevant.

You could always ask in

uk.rec.motorcycles

--
geoff

raden November 15th 06 08:13 PM

Matty F wrote:
Osprey wrote:

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo
console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

How about "low fuel"?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

You might run out of fuel :)
Put some more fuel in and see if the light goes out.

Did think of that - filling tank made no difference ...

I bet it slowed it down a bit

--
geoff

Matty F November 15th 06 08:39 PM

Osprey wrote:
Matty F wrote:

Put some more fuel in and see if the light goes out.

Did think of that - filling tank made no difference ...

I did find two websites that said that the light meant "low fuel".
Perhaps they were wrong. You can't always believe what you read on the
Net :)

PSOE November 15th 06 08:44 PM

Osprey wrote:
Matty F wrote:

Osprey wrote:

On a Peugeot Speedfight 2 there are 4 warning lights below the speedo
console.

BLUE for Main beam on the left, then RED for low oil, then GREEN for
turn indicators but does anyone know what the RED one on the right is ?

How about "low fuel"?

Anybody know what it's for and what is wrong that keeping it ON.

You might run out of fuel :)
Put some more fuel in and see if the light goes out.

Did think of that - filling tank made no difference ...

Is this a 2-stroke bike? if so does it have a separate 2-stroke oil
tank? If so is it's level OK?

mike November 15th 06 09:52 PM

Warning Light on Speedfight 2 scooter

raden wrote in :

You could always ask in

uk.rec.motorcycles

But wear your asbestos knickers

mike

raden November 15th 06 11:10 PM

Warning Light on Speedfight 2 scooter

In message , mike
writes
raden wrote in :

You could always ask in

uk.rec.motorcycles

But wear your asbestos knickers

There you go ... spoilsport

--
geoff

Dave Fawthrop November 16th 06 07:23 AM

On 15 Nov 2006 21:52:24 GMT, mike wrote:

|raden wrote in :
|
| You could always ask in
|
| uk.rec.motorcycles
|
|But wear your asbestos knickers

Nomex suit would be better ;-)

Osprey November 16th 06 10:12 AM

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 15 Nov 2006 21:52:24 GMT, mike wrote:

|raden wrote in :
|
| You could always ask in
|
| uk.rec.motorcycles

I did also alt.scooter, and several yahoo groups on scooters.

.... so far the advice seems to be that this is the 'Immobiliser'
warning light, and one guy included a scan of original French manual
that confirmed it.
Seems it should flash whenever you remove key ! ... it's never done
that.
No advice over what it means if it stays on though....
Tonight I will trace out all imobiliser wiring and check/clean etc.
see if that does it.