Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default power supply connection of storage heater

I have recently purchased a new

SH12M Elnur Manual Storage Radiator
1.70kW Storage Radiator with manual input control
Charge Acceptance (7hr): 11.9kW

We do have a separate meter which reads our Off peak power consumption.

Could anyone please help me as to how I must connect this heater to a
power supply?
What kind of wiring, switch plate etc do I need to buy and how do I
connect the main power leads to the heater terminals?
Any information will be gratefully accepted!
Thank you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:07:49 +0000 someone who may be Owain
wrote this:-

Switched fused connection unit (FCU) with 13A fuse in it and a flex
outlet/grip.

Double pole switches are better as they allow the heater to be
changed for a larger one without changing the outlet.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 9, 12:41 pm, David Hansen
wrote:
On 9 Nov 2006 03:54:32 -0800 someone who may be
wrote this:-

Could anyone please help me as to how I must connect this heater to a
power supply?

There should be a separate fuse board for off-peak circuits.

Why?

The only time we had economy 7, the whole house was economy 7, there
were no separate circuits. Thus, to do the laundry on economy 7 we just
plugged the w/m in via a plug in timer to ensure it came on at the
correct time.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Nov 2006 04:08:56 -0800 someone who may be
" wrote this:-

There should be a separate fuse board for off-peak circuits.

Why?

So that the heaters can be connected up to that board and they will
only operate when an off-peak supply is available. The lower
immersion heater should also be connected to the same board.

The only time we had economy 7, the whole house was economy 7, there
were no separate circuits.

I know buildings like that. It just means that they are not wired up
for off-peak heating. If the OP wishes to use off-peak heating then
they either connect to the off-peak board (installing one if
necessary), or they slightly bodge it with a time clock.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

pc power supply failure? Al Electronics Repair 9 January 23rd 05 11:15 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Switching Power Supply Failure W. Curtiss Priest Electronics Repair 5 October 9th 03 10:43 PM
ATX power supply for use outside of computer case. Neil Jackson Electronics Repair 10 September 17th 03 02:49 AM