Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which Combi Boiler

The Heat exchanger on my ideal response 120 combi boiler has split/rusted
away and I have been quoted £700 + vat for a replacement ! And that's just
the part !.

I am therefore currently looking at buying a new one and have found a couple
that are at quite a good price,They are a Baisi garde HE plus 32kw
M11032sm/e @ £450 and a Ariston microgenus HE 32kw @ £539.Does anyone have
any experience of these.
From the specs they seem to be similar to my Ideal model or should I be
looking at spending more on something else .
We also have a villager wood burner in the house which has pipework going
from it into the loft ,can this be plumbed into a combi sealed system ?

The house is a 4 bed ,two bathrooms mainly use showers.

Any advice or recommendations gratefully received

Regards Mark

Remove obvious to reply

Is a combi boiler false economy? Jim D UK diy 32 October 19th 06 01:29 AM
Help - I have a back boiler and want a combi boiler fitted but have plastic pipes! Vikki Home Repair 1 November 22nd 05 11:51 PM
Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM