Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fairy PowerSpray

Hi All

A few months ago we bought a couple of Fairy Power Sprays at Makro. Great
stuff - it worked a real treat on some really bad things like the gas BBQ.

Ran out & couldn't find it in Tesco, Morrison's or ASDA. Went back to Makro
yesterday & none on the shelves.

What's going on here? The celeb chef ads have vanished from the TV and the
product has disappeared from the shelves?

I suspect it was a little too good to survive some kinda health or safety
scare?

Anyone know?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi All

A few months ago we bought a couple of Fairy Power Sprays at Makro. Great
stuff - it worked a real treat on some really bad things like the gas BBQ.

Ran out & couldn't find it in Tesco, Morrison's or ASDA. Went back to
Makro yesterday & none on the shelves.

What's going on here? The celeb chef ads have vanished from the TV and
the product has disappeared from the shelves?

I suspect it was a little too good to survive some kinda health or safety
scare?

Thats interesting. We found it utterly useless, wouldnt shift burnt on food
from ovenware. I'd suspected it had vanished because everybody thought it
was rubbish too....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Styles wrote:

I suspect it was a little too good to survive some kinda health or safety
scare?

Thats interesting. We found it utterly useless, wouldnt shift burnt on food
from ovenware. I'd suspected it had vanished because everybody thought it
was rubbish too....

I certainly wouldn't buy it again.
Best think for baked on / caked on foodstuff is a crushed-up dishwasher
tablet left to soak.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Best think for baked on / caked on foodstuff is a crushed-up dishwasher
tablet left to soak.

Yup, or soak in warm water mixed with a little biological washing powerder..
apparently it's the enzymes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Styles wrote:
Best think for baked on / caked on foodstuff is a crushed-up dishwasher
tablet left to soak.

Yup, or soak in warm water mixed with a little biological washing powerder..
apparently it's the enzymes

Washing powder (with water) in tea cups also works brilliantly tea
stains without resorting to evil bleach stuff.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:
Hi All

A few months ago we bought a couple of Fairy Power Sprays at Makro. Great
stuff - it worked a real treat on some really bad things like the gas BBQ.

Ran out & couldn't find it in Tesco, Morrison's or ASDA. Went back to
Makro yesterday & none on the shelves.

What's going on here? The celeb chef ads have vanished from the TV and
the product has disappeared from the shelves?

I suspect it was a little too good to survive some kinda health or safety
scare?

Anyone know?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

None in my local Tesco today. I agree, it works a treat if left for up to 30
minutes to work. It came in for a lot of criticism he
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Fairy_...Spray__5344574

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:26:20 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi All

A few months ago we bought a couple of Fairy Power Sprays at Makro. Great
stuff - it worked a real treat on some really bad things like the gas BBQ.

Ran out & couldn't find it in Tesco, Morrison's or ASDA. Went back to Makro
yesterday & none on the shelves.

What's going on here? The celeb chef ads have vanished from the TV and the
product has disappeared from the shelves?

I suspect it was a little too good to survive some kinda health or safety
scare?

Anyone know?

Some info about ingredients he

http://www.scienceinthebox.com/en_UK/pdf/fairyPowerSpray_Sept2004.pdf

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:
Hi All

A few months ago we bought a couple of Fairy Power Sprays at Makro. Great
stuff - it worked a real treat on some really bad things like the gas BBQ.

Ran out & couldn't find it in Tesco, Morrison's or ASDA. Went back to
Makro yesterday & none on the shelves.

What's going on here? The celeb chef ads have vanished from the TV and
the product has disappeared from the shelves?

I suspect it was a little too good to survive some kinda health or safety
scare?

Anyone know?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

TV adverts running today so I assume they must still be making it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:44:40 -0000, "Codswallop"
wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:
Hi All

A few months ago we bought a couple of Fairy Power Sprays at Makro. Great
stuff - it worked a real treat on some really bad things like the gas BBQ.

Ran out & couldn't find it in Tesco, Morrison's or ASDA. Went back to
Makro yesterday & none on the shelves.

What's going on here? The celeb chef ads have vanished from the TV and
the product has disappeared from the shelves?

I suspect it was a little too good to survive some kinda health or safety
scare?

Anyone know?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

TV adverts running today so I assume they must still be making it.

I rely on the stuff. Put it down to ****e stock management somewhere
in the supply chain.

(Mind you, it works therefore it must be dangerous and should be
banned.)

Regards
JonH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi All

A few months ago we bought a couple of Fairy Power Sprays at Makro. Great
stuff - it worked a real treat on some really bad things like
the gas BBQ.

Just found it in Wilkinsons!

--
Dave