DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Captive Basin Waste..Opinions (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/180253-captive-basin-waste-opinions.html)

Stuart October 24th 06 11:19 AM

Captive Basin Waste..Opinions

I have one of these captive basin wastes .
I am wishing I hadn't got it to replace my popup waste .

I find it difficult to get the plug to remain "open" when you lift it and tilt
it to the side .It keeps falling back in to the plughole .

Also if the water is too hot you burn yourself putting your hand in to lift the
plug . I am seriously thinking of taking the waste apart and sawing off the
bottom of the rod below the plug to make it non-captive .That would,at least
,allow me to take it completely out when emptying the basin .
Anyone else got one of these or is there a knack to using it .

Bring back the plug and chain .

Stuart

Ed Sirett October 24th 06 05:57 PM

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:19:41 +0100, Stuart wrote:

I have one of these captive basin wastes .
I am wishing I hadn't got it to replace my popup waste .

I find it difficult to get the plug to remain "open" when you lift it and tilt
it to the side .It keeps falling back in to the plughole .

Also if the water is too hot you burn yourself putting your hand in to lift the
plug . I am seriously thinking of taking the waste apart and sawing off the
bottom of the rod below the plug to make it non-captive .That would,at least
,allow me to take it completely out when emptying the basin .
Anyone else got one of these or is there a knack to using it .

Bring back the plug and chain .

The tilting disc type seem to work really well. They don't seem to leak
the water away when closed which I find surprising.
They are s/fix #16719 and £16 instead of £5.
Alas another example of you get what you pay for.

Stuart October 24th 06 06:15 PM

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:57:08 +0100, Ed Sirett wrote:

[...]

Funnily enough I looked at that one as well but decided on the other captive one
..It also does keep the water in too.

Adrian October 24th 06 10:19 PM

Captive Basin Waste..Opinions

Stuart ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

Bring back the plug and chain .

They went away?

Screwfix #90200

Stuart October 24th 06 11:50 PM

On 24 Oct 2006 21:19:25 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Stuart ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

Bring back the plug and chain .

They went away?

Screwfix #90200

Ah but where do you secure the top end of the chain if your basin doesn't have
anywhere to fix it ?

Stuart