Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radio thermostat?

mm. I want to improve control on my UFH and given that its all zoned
anyway, add a radio thermostat to a large space, and a couple of
motorized actuators for the existing polyplumb zone valves..oil prices
make it a sensible economic proposition.

Currently its all fed off a timer and a thermostat in exactly the wrong
place - in the kitchen where the Aga is.

The plan is to hook the existing thermostat up to a couple of actuators
to kill heat to the kitchen UFH except in direst winter conditions, and
use an overall stat in the largest places that the UFH currently heats -
the living/dining room area.

The other zones can remain unregulated -they are small and unimportant
and don't lose a lot of heat.

What would be nice is an UNTIMED thermostat - don;t need to replicate
the timer - but with a bit of 'feed forward' that can anticipate the
slow changes you get with UFH.

Anyone know of such - has to be radio - no chance of cabling it
whatsoever without huge disruption.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-10-20 13:09:56 +0100, The Natural Philosopher said:

[...]

Have a look at www.danfoss-randall.com and use a search word of 'radio'

They have a range of different RF thermostats and receivers including a
multiple channel receiver to support multiple room thermostats. Some
of those have timers but those can be disabled if you want.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2006-10-20 13:09:56 +0100, The Natural Philosopher said:

[...]

I sent all morning looking at pictures, and in the end the only one that
looked small and neat was the Sunvic one. Its just a 'remote thermostat'
....bloody heck By the time I had got that and a couple of actuators for
the Polyplumb, it was three months of heating oil. Better be worth it!

Out of interest, is there such a thing as a motorized valve that
switches between two paths only? I could maybe use that in my fan blown
stuff...instead of having the thermostat switch the fan alone, divert
the hot water past it as well..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:30:44 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I sent all morning looking at pictures, and in the end the only one that
looked small and neat was the Sunvic one. Its just a 'remote thermostat'
...bloody heck By the time I had got that and a couple of actuators for

I have the Sunvic "programmable"

It does have a clock but you can ignore that and just use it as a
thermostat, like I am now. It is sitting by the PC, warming the room
up.

Mine came from B&Q for £50 last spring.