Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles

Default Classic lesson

Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised in
:

Ian Dalziel brought next idea :
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:39:24 GMT, BrianW wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
MrBitsy formulated the question :
I went on to explain how the position of our vehicle lets others
know we are going to pass the parked hazzard, so no signal required.
I also explained why it isn't good driving to stop too close to the
kirb - because other drivers may assume we have parked.

Better is to be as far to the right as is reasonable, but not so far
that others might asume you are turning right. A position such that
it deters other vehicles from considering overtaking - this is
especially important when drivers behind might not have seen why you
have come to a stop. Take control of the road by your carefull
positioning.

A very good reason for not indicating. If you indicate, people might
assume that you want to turn into a driveway or at the next junction.

And the problem with that would be what?

In support of Mr Bitsey, I would say they might consider passing you on
the left. Any following driver worth his salt ought to be looking for
additonal confirming pointers that you did indeed intend to make a
right turn, such as your head movements, positioning on the road,
turning front wheels, plus an actual right turn and etc..

I see.

--
Phil Kyle™

h i
i s
s l
f i l
S o n o
i u e n
g r s g

Classic lesson Phil Kyle UK diy 0 October 17th 06 02:59 PM
A bandsaw lesson that cost me $25 Lars S. Woodworking 22 March 30th 05 05:40 PM
Changing A Lightbulb, A lesson in Posting? Boris Beizer Metalworking 5 March 27th 04 12:20 AM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Ideal Classic Boiler problem onekevinrobinson UK diy 3 January 23rd 04 07:18 PM