Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BTU for bathroom

Can anyone give me a quick idea on the BTU requirements for a radiator for a
bathroom - approx 2metres square. insulated ceiling - 1920's walls - double
glazed window.

Thanks

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

Can anyone give me a quick idea on the BTU requirements for a radiator for a
bathroom - approx 2metres square. insulated ceiling - 1920's walls - double
glazed window.

Not without knowing how many walls are "outside" walls, and what rooms
adjoin it to the sides and above and below.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
John wrote:

Can anyone give me a quick idea on the BTU requirements for a radiator
for a bathroom - approx 2metres square. insulated ceiling - 1920's
walls - double glazed window.

Not without knowing how many walls are "outside" walls, and what rooms
adjoin it to the sides and above and below.

--
Cheers,

John.

\=

================================================== ==============/

Two outside walls - two internal stud walls. Bedroom and landing.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message

John wrote:

Can anyone give me a quick idea on the BTU requirements for a radiator
for a bathroom - approx 2metres square. insulated ceiling - 1920's
walls - double glazed window.

Not without knowing how many walls are "outside" walls, and what rooms
adjoin it to the sides and above and below.

--
Cheers,

John.

\=

================================================== ==============/

Two outside walls - two internal stud walls. Bedroom and landing.

Thanks

have a look on the B&Q website - they have a BTU calc on there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Wrote:
Can anyone give me a quick idea on the BTU requirements for a radiator
for a
bathroom - approx 2metres square. insulated ceiling - 1920's walls -
double
glazed window.

Thanks
-- -

--
John -

Using a "mears" calculator, a 6'6" x 6'6" bathroom, 7'6" ceiling
hieght, 2 outside (solid 9")walls, on the first floor, design temp of
72 degrees, gives a BTU requirement of 3200.

--
Nick H

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
John wrote:
Can anyone give me a quick idea on the BTU requirements for a radiator for a
bathroom - approx 2metres square. insulated ceiling - 1920's walls - double
glazed window.

About 500W.

I calculated 875W for a bathroom 1.2m x 2.4m, 9" brick walls
(two external), insulated ceiling, small double glazed window,
using the Myson calculator. In practice, the Myson calculator
seems to have over estimated throughout the whole house (it
was a beta version), although that has meant I can run the
boiler at only 45C once house has warmed up, making the
condensing boiler very efficient, so I'm not complaining.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I calculated 875W for a bathroom 1.2m x 2.4m, 9" brick walls
(two external), insulated ceiling, small double glazed window,

That reminds me... I did a set of calcs for our place prior to doing the
loft conversion etc. The existing bathroom came out thus:

Surface Air
Area Tdelta u-val Loss Change Vol

Land wall 4.83 6 1.2 35 0.50 10
office wall 4.6 4 1.2 22
side wall 4.6 25 2.2 253
rear wall 2.83 25 2.2 156
window 2 25 2.9 145
floor 4.2 4 1.5 25
ceiling 4.2 4 1.9 32

Total 668 43 711

So 711W for a simlar sized room - two 10" solid exterior walls, two
internal stud walls, kitchen under, loft over.

--
Cheers,

John.