Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using combi boiler for C/H only.....

It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the
dhw circuit, only the c/h.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Connolly wrote:

It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the
dhw circuit, only the c/h.

Thanks.

Don't see why not...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Connolly wrote:

It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the dhw
circuit, only the c/h.

Thanks.

Don't see why not...

But, I don't 'see' why ... ;
A 'combi' heater is two devices in one casing ... CH and HW.
Why pay for a portion that you won't use?
manufacturers produce condensing 'boilers' that only have a single system
within them. why not use one of these? [You've implied that it's something
you're going to purchase anyway]

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Sharrock wrote:
Dave Connolly wrote:
It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the dhw
circuit, only the c/h.

Thanks.

Don't see why not...

But, I don't 'see' why ... ;
A 'combi' heater is two devices in one casing ... CH and HW.
Why pay for a portion that you won't use?
manufacturers produce condensing 'boilers' that only have a single system
within them. why not use one of these? [You've implied that it's something
you're going to purchase anyway]

Depends if he got a combi cheap because its useless for hot water...;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:54:00 +0100, Dave Connolly wrote:

It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the
dhw circuit, only the c/h.

It is probably better to install the Cw feed to it and cap off the DHW
outlet, just in case this affect things. If you have bought the Biasi I
offer you my commiserations/condemnation. If you haven't read the Boiler
Choice FAQ and think again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:28:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Brian Sharrock wrote:
Dave Connolly wrote:
It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the dhw
circuit, only the c/h.

Thanks.
Don't see why not...

But, I don't 'see' why ... ;
A 'combi' heater is two devices in one casing ... CH and HW.
Why pay for a portion that you won't use?
manufacturers produce condensing 'boilers' that only have a single system
within them. why not use one of these? [You've implied that it's something
you're going to purchase anyway]

Depends if he got a combi cheap because its useless for hot water...;-)

That model might as well say on a sticker on the front "I was bought on
price by a cheap skate whose only concern was the inital outlay". They are
the first choice of a certain genre of landlord.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all your input.

I am getting a good deal on the price of the
boiler, hence my choice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Sharrock wrote:
Dave Connolly wrote:
It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the dhw
circuit, only the c/h.

Thanks.
Don't see why not...

But, I don't 'see' why ... ;
A 'combi' heater is two devices in one casing ... CH and HW.
Why pay for a portion that you won't use?
manufacturers produce condensing 'boilers' that only have a single
system within them. why not use one of these? [You've implied that it's
something you're going to purchase anyway]

Depends if he got a combi cheap because its useless for hot water...;-)

That model might as well say on a sticker on the front "I was bought on
price by a cheap skate whose only concern was the inital outlay". They are
the first choice of a certain genre of landlord.

Is this the kind with the first name of Peter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Connolly wrote:
Thanks for all your input.

I am getting a good deal on the price of the
boiler, hence my choice.

Hi

Ed is extremely knowledgeable about such things and his advice in the
post above is that the Biasi is a bad choice.

It may not turn out to be the bargain you think it is in the long run.
Perhaps you should ask Ed to expand on his comments!

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:08:13 -0700, stevelup wrote:

Dave Connolly wrote:
Thanks for all your input.

I am getting a good deal on the price of the
boiler, hence my choice.

Hi

Ed is extremely knowledgeable about such things and his advice in the
post above is that the Biasi is a bad choice.

It may not turn out to be the bargain you think it is in the long run.
Perhaps you should ask Ed to expand on his comments!

There is probably not a lot to choose between several of the makes at
that end of the market. (Think day-glo window stickers at PMs - "Combi's
(sic) from £310 !!!")[1].

If the OP is moving it could be a good choice, don't expect major spares
to be much less than a half the cost of the original unit, don't expect to
be able to get 'a result' on fixing it after about 8 years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

Dave Connolly wrote:
Thanks for all your input.

I am getting a good deal on the price of the
boiler, hence my choice.

Hi

Ed is extremely knowledgeable about such things and his advice in the
post above is that the Biasi is a bad choice.

It may not turn out to be the bargain you think it is in the long run.
Perhaps you should ask Ed to expand on his comments!

There is probably not a lot to choose between several of the makes at
that end of the market. (Think day-glo window stickers at PMs - "Combi's
(sic) from £310 !!!")[1].

If the OP is moving it could be a good choice, don't expect major spares
to be much less than a half the cost of the original unit, don't expect to
be able to get 'a result' on fixing it after about 8 years.

BIASI use industry standard Italian parts. All are easily available and
most of the parts are on other makes of boilers too. Fitted properly with
the system cleaned and inhibitor and it will give good service. It is no
Viessmann but no dog either. Correct and clean fitting is essential.

BIASI have service agents. Parts are easy to get and so is service. Many
of these boilers tend to be replaced because of the low purchases cost.
They can all be repaired, but why when anew one is so cheap.

BIASI do a system boiler too. The only thing I don't like about them is
that they have a secondary heat exchanger on condensing boilers, as do many
cheap, and not so cheap, boilers. In the non-condensing versions, fitted
right they can last, and are a good buy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:54:00 +0100, Dave Connolly wrote:

It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the
dhw circuit, only the c/h.

It is probably better to install the Cw feed to it and cap off the DHW
outlet, just in case this affect things. If you have bought the Biasi I
offer you my commiserations/condemnation. If you haven't read the Boiler
Choice FAQ and think again.

That FAQ is 20 years out of date.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stevelup" wrote in message
ps.com...
Dave Connolly wrote:
Thanks for all your input.

I am getting a good deal on the price of the
boiler, hence my choice.

Hi

Ed is extremely knowledgeable about such things and his advice in the
post above is that the Biasi is a bad choice.

I am more knowledgeable than him, and say otherwise.

It may not turn out to be the bargain you think it is in the long run.
Perhaps you should ask Ed to expand on his comments!

Read my posts on it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:08:52 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:54:00 +0100, Dave Connolly wrote:

It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the
dhw circuit, only the c/h.

It is probably better to install the Cw feed to it and cap off the DHW
outlet, just in case this affect things. If you have bought the Biasi I
offer you my commiserations/condemnation. If you haven't read the Boiler
Choice FAQ and think again.

That FAQ is 20 years out of date.

Don't bother I'm not playing your game.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:08:52 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:54:00 +0100, Dave Connolly wrote:

It's boiler replacement time, can I use a combi boiler for central
heating only?

It's a Biasi GARDA HE, and there would be nothing connected to the
dhw circuit, only the c/h.

It is probably better to install the Cw feed to it and cap off the DHW
outlet, just in case this affect things. If you have bought the Biasi I
offer you my commiserations/condemnation. If you haven't read the Boiler
Choice FAQ and think again.

That FAQ is 20 years out of date.

Don't bother I'm not playing your game.

I know. Your rules are 20 years out of date.

Help - I have a back boiler and want a combi boiler fitted but have plastic pipes! Vikki Home Repair 1 November 22nd 05 11:51 PM
Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Water flow rate problem and Combi boiler Andrew Beck UK diy 15 September 3rd 04 11:00 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM