Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unnecessary work???

Doing a new kitchen myself, thought to be on the safe side, got a Corgi
registered company to sort the gas out.

However, I think they may have done unnecessary work.. Thought I'd ask
here to see what others think..

My existing gas point basically needed moving 1 metre, from 1 wall, to the
corner of the same wall. I lifted the chipboard ready for the gas fitters
arrival. On arrival however, he explained that a 13mm gas feed is
insufficient for a double gas oven and 5 hob gas stove, and needed a 22mm
feed, pointing to the underside of the combi-boiler, as an ideal spur. I
kinda went with his recommendation.

A couple of days back, they came back to do the work (I had to remove
additional bits of the old kitchen to facilitate running the new pipe,
hence the delay).

To my suprise, they ran 22mm from the boiler halfway along the wall, then
fitted a reducer down to 13mm, then another meter, did a 13mm spur for my
hob, and the rest of the feed in 13mm.

Crude pic he

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/viewP...90944950910994

How does this differ from the original setup of extending the original
13mm pipe installation? Surely the flow is restricted by the smalled
pipe? So even the new setup is limited by the last run of 13mm pipe? I
would have understood things, if they T'd off the 22 with 2x13mm spurs,
but they did not...

Have they created unnecessary work???

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 05:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM
Moisture Cure Urethane (Moisture Cured Urethane) Moshe Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 05:50 PM
Garage Door Work question user Home Ownership 2 August 5th 03 11:05 PM