Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing an aging Baxi Solo - Suggestions?

I originally chose the Baxi Solo because of it's compact size, now I find
that it's difficult to find a replacement to fit in the same space. I need
something to fit under a worktop, max around 900mm high.
Most modern boilers have the big 4" flue elbow sticking out the top, which
added to the boiler height, rules them out.

The only one I can come up with is the Keston C25, are there any other
suggestions before I take the plunge?

Many thanks

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 12:23:09 +0100, Skokiaan wrote:

I originally chose the Baxi Solo because of it's compact size, now I find
that it's difficult to find a replacement to fit in the same space. I need
something to fit under a worktop, max around 900mm high.
Most modern boilers have the big 4" flue elbow sticking out the top, which
added to the boiler height, rules them out.

The only one I can come up with is the Keston C25, are there any other
suggestions before I take the plunge?

Many thanks

I'm informed that
Glow-worm do a boiler with a rear (cf top) flue outlet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Skokiaan writes:
I originally chose the Baxi Solo because of it's compact size, now I find
that it's difficult to find a replacement to fit in the same space. I need
something to fit under a worktop, max around 900mm high.
Most modern boilers have the big 4" flue elbow sticking out the top, which
added to the boiler height, rules them out.

The only one I can come up with is the Keston C25, are there any other
suggestions before I take the plunge?

Keston C25 has two 2" inlet/flue elbows on the top.
You are supposed to use swept bends, but if it is only going
out through the wall rather than anything like the 40m(?) it
is capable of, you would probably get away with knuckle bends.

I saw a British Gas advert which showed an engineer installing
a C25 and he had fitted knuckle bends which made me smile, as
the manual says you shouldn't.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Baxi Solo 3 PF Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld UK diy 25 June 13th 12 01:18 PM
Baxi Solo 3 Andy Pandy UK diy 14 January 12th 05 09:11 PM
Baxi Solo Problem [email protected] UK diy 13 January 7th 05 10:08 AM
Replacing Pressure relief valve on Baxi Boiler Andy UK diy 0 November 27th 03 02:59 PM
Baxi Solo 2 PF 80 boiler won't fire up Dave Burleigh UK diy 3 August 11th 03 04:24 PM