Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If you haven't done so yet ...

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

Colin Bignell

Snap. First fire tonight though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

What's that hearth in the middle of your hall for then?

:-)

Mary

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

Colin Bignell

Snap. First fire tonight though.

I lit a gas fire in the dining room yesterday for the evening meal but
today's been far warmer so there's been no heat. I think I might put on a
sweat shirt though ...

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 23:12:27 GMT, raden wrote:

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

Too late, my CH on 24/24 (subject to thermostat demand) came on this
morning at 07-38, for the fist time since last April. It only stayed
on for Ca. 7 mins.

However your advice is good .

To-morrow I'll run it up in earnest and check rads, temps and
pressures etc.

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 17:58:48 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message
m...

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

What's that hearth in the middle of your hall for then?

:-)

Burning peasants on.

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 23:40:24 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating. I've only
just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

* Lightweight Pullovers ! *

With cavity wall insulation and 9" of roof insulation it is still far
too hot here even without heating. At 19-00 hrs it was 12.8c outside
and 23.6c inside, necessitating me to sit at the computer in me pelt
(as we say here) !

I've spent the evening looking at fanless low energy consumption PC's.

DG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message

. net...

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

What's that hearth in the middle of your hall for then?

:-)

Cooking, of course.

Of course! Silly me. But there will be some radiated outwards ...

Besides the heat doesn't get as far as the Solar.

:-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

Ours came on unexpectedly today (Lancashire). It is not cold enough for
it, so I turned the stat down till it clicked off. I'm on an energy
crackdown right now, so I expect the insulation I have installed over
the last year to make a big dent in the heating costs.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , nightjar
writes

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

Colin Bignell

Snap. First fire tonight though.

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating. I've only
just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

Pullover ?

just a short sleeved shirt here

(and nothing else !)

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from raden contains these words:

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating. I've only
just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

Pullover ?

just a short sleeved shirt here

(and nothing else !)

It's been very mild round here today. I blame Buildwas Power Station.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 21:08:57 UTC, Guy King wrote:

The message
from raden contains these words:

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating. I've only
just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

Pullover ?

just a short sleeved shirt here

(and nothing else !)

It's been very mild round here today. I blame Buildwas Power Station.

It was cold here yesterday. I blame the bloody windmills! :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Guy King
writes
The message
from raden contains these words:

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating. I've only
just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

Pullover ?

just a short sleeved shirt here

(and nothing else !)

It's been very mild round here today. I blame Buildwas Power Station.

Picturesquely set amongst the mature meandering river Severn spewing out
half of the cumulus clouds in the UK

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from raden contains these words:

It's been very mild round here today. I blame Buildwas Power Station.

Picturesquely set amongst the mature meandering river Severn spewing out
half of the cumulus clouds in the UK

Very distinct from the Mynd on a still day. Big plume going straight up
then flattening out when it hits the inversion layer. Looks like a giant
letter T hanging over Telford.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

Now would be a good time to test your central heating

If I had any I would.

What's that hearth in the middle of your hall for then?

:-)

Cooking, of course. Besides the heat doesn't get as far as the Solar.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

surname here.uk.com wrote:

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating. I've
only just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

* Lightweight Pullovers ! *

He means the 1940/50's? type, without the sleeves what ya ma used to knit
whilst talking to auntie betty with the hairnet on. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2006-10-07 23:04:02 +0100, raden said:

In message , Guy King
writes
The message
from raden contains these words:

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating.
I've only
just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

Pullover ?

just a short sleeved shirt here

(and nothing else !)
It's been very mild round here today. I blame Buildwas Power
Station.

Picturesquely set amongst the mature meandering river Severn spewing
out half of the cumulus clouds in the UK

Be cirrus.....

White fluffy bits, OK ?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

It was cold here yesterday. I blame the bloody windmills! :-)

:-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

surname here.uk.com wrote:

It is still not cold enough on the South Coast for any heating. I've only
just started wearing lightweight pullovers.

* Lightweight Pullovers ! *

With cavity wall insulation and 9" of roof insulation it is still far
too hot here even without heating. At 19-00 hrs it was 12.8c outside
and 23.6c inside, necessitating me to sit at the computer in me pelt
(as we say here) !

My house usually manages to feel colder inside than it is out. It was 10C in
the bedroom when I got up the other day.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 7, 7:50 pm, Dave wrote:
raden wrote:

Now would be a good time to test your central heatingOurs came on unexpectedly today (Lancashire). It is not cold enough for

it, so I turned the stat down till it clicked off.

Are you a woman by any chance?

MBQ