Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alarm Panel - Is interference Likely?

Hi all

Just read a post on nuisance alarm tripping which made me a little
concerned!
I am having a central heating re-furb done and the base units for the RF
room stats are in the airing cupboard, as is the alarm panel.
The alarm is hard wired, not wireless type.

Am I likely to get false alarms caused by the heating stats?
If so, how can these be prevented, short of moving the panel?

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , TheScullster
writes
Hi all

Just read a post on nuisance alarm tripping which made me a little
concerned!
I am having a central heating re-furb done and the base units for the RF
room stats are in the airing cupboard, as is the alarm panel.
The alarm is hard wired, not wireless type.

Am I likely to get false alarms caused by the heating stats?
If so, how can these be prevented, short of moving the panel?

Very unlikely, the output power of licence exempt transmitters is very low.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote

Am I likely to get false alarms caused by the heating stats?
If so, how can these be prevented, short of moving the panel?

Very unlikely, the output power of licence exempt transmitters is very
low.
--

Thanks Fred, thought I'd dropped a serious one there for a minute!

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TheScullster wrote:
Just read a post on nuisance alarm tripping which made me a little
concerned!
I am having a central heating re-furb done and the base units for the RF
room stats are in the airing cupboard, as is the alarm panel.
The alarm is hard wired, not wireless type.

Am I likely to get false alarms caused by the heating stats?
If so, how can these be prevented, short of moving the panel?

You'd need extremely high RF fields to interfere with a hard wired alarm
panel. It's not impossible but unlikely.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
TheScullster wrote:
Just read a post on nuisance alarm tripping which made me a little
concerned!
I am having a central heating re-furb done and the base units for the RF
room stats are in the airing cupboard, as is the alarm panel.
The alarm is hard wired, not wireless type.

Am I likely to get false alarms caused by the heating stats?
If so, how can these be prevented, short of moving the panel?

You'd need extremely high RF fields to interfere with a hard wired alarm
panel. It's not impossible but unlikely.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

We have a similar setup - Honeywell CM67 system. No problems (so far!). They
are right next to each other.

Urgent need of a link to A! AJ600N Alarm Panel Instructions for neighbour Java Jive UK diy 2 July 29th 06 05:40 PM
Alarm Panel John UK diy 1 May 1st 05 09:25 AM
Removing panel from PVC-U door Peter Saffrey UK diy 6 March 22nd 05 03:34 PM
Veritas (not Vista) alarm panel problems [email protected] UK diy 2 December 22nd 04 06:37 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM