Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clockwise (left to right) dryer vent hose ? Zanussi spare.

Hi,

Not sure if this is going into the right newsgroup, but I've looked around
and it seems the best forum.

Does anyone know of a retailed, ideally online that sells genuine Zanussi
spares.

I'm after a vent hose for a Zanussi TD4113W tumble dryer. It's ridiculous,
but the thread on the vent hose adaptor on this model (all Zanussis ??) is
from what I can see, non standard. The hose screws clockwise onto the
thread. In all the shops I've looked in, spare vent hoses screw
anti-clockwise onto the thread.

I know it's such a stupid thing, but of course it's important because it
needs to fit correctly to the adaptor

picture -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZANUSSI-DRYER-...pho tohosting

It's a 'simple' vinyl vent hose, but it has to screw clock wise (left to
right). Do I have to go to Zanussi, or can anyone recommend ?

Thanks in advance folks,
Mike.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike G wrote:

picture -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZANUSSI-DRYER-...pho tohosting

It's a 'simple' vinyl vent hose, but it has to screw clock wise (left to
right). Do I have to go to Zanussi, or can anyone recommend ?

Duct tape is your friend! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Indeed John.

That's a fair comment, but I am now curious about if there is such a place
where you can buy proper spares.

There must be some gem of a shop somewhere that stocks stuff. Can't
believe I'd have to jump through the hoops
of contacting Zanussi (or Comet aftersales care).

Anyone else ???

Cheers,
Mike.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mike G wrote:

picture -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZANUSSI-DRYER-...pho tohosting

It's a 'simple' vinyl vent hose, but it has to screw clock wise (left to
right). Do I have to go to Zanussi, or can anyone recommend ?

Duct tape is your friend! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike G wrote:

Indeed John.

That's a fair comment, but I am now curious about if there is such a place
where you can buy proper spares.

There must be some gem of a shop somewhere that stocks stuff. Can't
believe I'd have to jump through the hoops
of contacting Zanussi (or Comet aftersales care).

How about:

http://www.espares.co.uk/parts/tumbl...510749?k=hose&

;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

It's a 'simple' vinyl vent hose, but it has to screw clock wise
(left to right). Do I have to go to Zanussi, or can anyone
recommend ?

Duct tape is your friend! ;-)

I always duck tape vent hoses for driers or extractors anyway. It makes
sure the buggers dont come off!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Home clothes dryer vent lets cold in Dugie Home Repair 12 December 19th 05 06:08 AM
Inline Dryer Vent Jibber Home Repair 5 December 16th 05 08:54 PM
Dryer vent routing across basement ceiling dean Home Repair 14 November 2nd 05 07:06 PM
Excessive lint coming out of dryer vent Dipu Home Repair 2 August 26th 03 06:15 AM