Dave Cook

Default Interior walls

Hello, hope you don't mind me just barging in here and asking for help
straight away.

I've just moved into a Victorian terrace and there's a fair amount of
work to be done. With winter not so far off I'm going to concentrate on
a little cosmetic decoration first.
On removing some layers of truly horrid wallpaper I've noticed that the
plaster work is a little uneven. My question is; can anyone recommend a
good quality preparation, preferably painted on to the existing plaster,
that will give me a nice smooth finish.
Or, and break it to me gently, do I have to re-plaster the room. I say
I, I mean someone else, a plasterer for instance.

I'm rambling.

Cheers

Crumpet

robgraham

My question is; can anyone recommend a
good quality preparation, preferably painted on to the existing plaster,
that will give me a nice smooth finish.
Or, and break it to me gently, do I have to re-plaster the room. I say
I, I mean someone else, a plasterer for instance.

You could sand the walls with sandpaper having put the sandpaper round a
block of wood so that it rubs off the tops first rather than following
irregularities. It depends on how big the uneveness is.

Rob Graham

Owain

"Dave Cook" wrote
| I've just moved into a Victorian terrace and there's a fair amount of
| work to be done. With winter not so far off I'm going to concentrate on
| a little cosmetic decoration first.

I'd suggest fixing the roof first :-)

Owain

Dave Cook

Owain wrote:
"Dave Cook" wrote
| I've just moved into a Victorian terrace and there's a fair amount of
| work to be done. With winter not so far off I'm going to concentrate on
| a little cosmetic decoration first.

I'd suggest fixing the roof first :-)

Owain

That's very helpful Owain. Thank you for taking time out to point me in
the right direction. There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling.

Dave