Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Workshop/Room

My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

What you and the Countess get up to in your private life is no concern
of ours. :-)

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

John

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Fcuk,this is just a hobby to them,if I had that sort of gear I'd be in
buisness. lol

http://www.arealnice.com/shop/307%20inside.JPG
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/312%20inside.JPG
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John White" wrote in message
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

snip

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and

it
has air conditioning.

I wish we did house foundations like they do, all that basement
space....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The3rd Earl
Of Derby writes
John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

John

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly as
what they are here!.....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jerry wrote:
"John White" wrote in message
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

snip

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

I wish we did house foundations like they do, all that basement
space....

I suspect he didn't have a basement. :-)
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jerry" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"John White" wrote in message
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

snip

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and

it
has air conditioning.

I wish we did house foundations like they do, all that basement
space....

AIUI, the deep space foundation are to be found in the northern states were
the frost reaches down four feet odd. Having gone down four feet it doesn't
cost much more to go up an extra two /three feet and; voila - a basement. In
the southern states there isn't such a concern about frost ! but; ask a new
Orleanian about their basements.

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , The3rd Earl
Of Derby writes
John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

John

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly as
what they are here!.....
--
Tony Sayer

Have you tried to purchase a 'lot' in ,say, downtown Manhatten, Los Angeles,
Chicago ... ?
Hint: "they" build 'high' for a reason ... perhaps it's got something to do
with land prices?

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , The3rd Earl
Of Derby writes

John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

John

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly as
what they are here!.....

Talking of which!

What has happened to Adam?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Sharrock
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , The3rd Earl
Of Derby writes
John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

John

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly as
what they are here!.....
--
Tony Sayer

Have you tried to purchase a 'lot' in ,say, downtown Manhatten, Los Angeles,
Chicago ... ?
Hint: "they" build 'high' for a reason ... perhaps it's got something to do
with land prices?

Yeah, well in general most everyone doesn't live in the big city do
they?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Brian Sharrock" writes:
It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly as
what they are here!.....

Have you tried to purchase a 'lot' in ,say, downtown Manhatten, Los Angeles,
Chicago ... ?
Hint: "they" build 'high' for a reason ... perhaps it's got something to do
with land prices?

That plot is not in any of those places. You can see the whole
building progress if you look through the other pictures in that
directory.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and
it has air conditioning.

John

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly as
what they are here!.....

You have your aristocracy to blame for that,they hate selling off land.

Me included.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Brian Sharrock" writes:
It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly
as what they are here!.....

Have you tried to purchase a 'lot' in ,say, downtown Manhatten, Los
Angeles, Chicago ... ?
Hint: "they" build 'high' for a reason ... perhaps it's got
something to do with land prices?

That plot is not in any of those places. You can see the whole
building progress if you look through the other pictures in that
directory.

GLENDORA,CALIFORNIA

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from John White contains these words:

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

That thing on the ceiling? That's an electrostatic dust collector. Very
useful if you're doing finish work in the same place you're creating
sawdust. Good for your lungs, too.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-26 16:08:17 +0100, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" said:

My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Roughly what I've done except that the door is full width and the table
saw rather better than a Unisaw.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-26 17:07:41 +0100, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" said:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Fcuk,this is just a hobby to them,if I had that sort of gear I'd be in
buisness. lol

http://www.arealnice.com/shop/307%20inside.JPG
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/312%20inside.JPG

The bandsaw's not a particularly good one...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Brian Sharrock
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

In article , The3rd Earl
Of Derby writes

John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

John

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Suppose its just a bigger country where land prices aren't as silly as
what they are here!.....
--
Tony Sayer

Have you tried to purchase a 'lot' in ,say, downtown Manhatten, Los Angeles,
Chicago ... ?
Hint: "they" build 'high' for a reason ... perhaps it's got something to do
with land prices?

Yeah, well in general most everyone doesn't live in the big city do
they?..

You may well be right wrt the US.
I heard on the radio this AM that 90% of people in the UK live in a
city, so almost the exact opposite (if true).

Z.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-26 16:08:17 +0100, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
said:

My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Roughly what I've done except that the door is full width and the
table saw rather better than a Unisaw.

Heh! but your garden shed is much smaller. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:

The message
from John White contains these words:

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

That thing on the ceiling? That's an electrostatic dust collector. Very
useful if you're doing finish work in the same place you're creating
sawdust. Good for your lungs, too.

Ah my mistake. Looking deeper it seems he has got dust extraction for
most of the machines built in as well.

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John White wrote:
Guy King wrote:

The message
from John White contains these
words:

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and
it has air conditioning.

That thing on the ceiling? That's an electrostatic dust collector.
Very useful if you're doing finish work in the same place you're
creating sawdust. Good for your lungs, too.

Ah my mistake. Looking deeper it seems he has got dust extraction for
most of the machines built in as well.

John

Yep,there the upright pipes scattered about the floor

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Ah my mistake. Looking deeper it seems he has got dust extraction for
most of the machines built in as well.

John

Yep,there the upright pipes scattered about the floor

He's going to regret burying them in the concrete if they get blocked.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-26 22:49:00 +0100, Guy King said:

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Ah my mistake. Looking deeper it seems he has got dust extraction for
most of the machines built in as well.

John

Yep,there the upright pipes scattered about the floor

He's going to regret burying them in the concrete if they get blocked.

He's going to be disappointed as well. Most are too small.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-26 16:08:17 +0100, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
said:

My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Roughly what I've done except that the door is full width and the
table saw rather better than a Unisaw.

Heh! but your garden shed is much smaller. ;-)

Garden shed might be.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-26 22:49:00 +0100, Guy King said:

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Ah my mistake. Looking deeper it seems he has got dust extraction
for most of the machines built in as well.

John

Yep,there the upright pipes scattered about the floor

He's going to regret burying them in the concrete if they get
blocked.

He's going to be disappointed as well. Most are too small.

The dust extractor pipes are all the same size,the smaller ones are where
the power feed cable pass through.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-26 22:49:00 +0100, Guy King said:

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Ah my mistake. Looking deeper it seems he has got dust extraction
for most of the machines built in as well.

John

Yep,there the upright pipes scattered about the floor

He's going to regret burying them in the concrete if they get
blocked.

He's going to be disappointed as well. Most are too small.

The dust extractor pipes are all the same size,the smaller ones are where
the power feed cable pass through.

Exactly, and it all appears to be 4" PVC. Too small. Wrong material.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
John White wrote:

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/316%20inside.JPG

Sickening isn't it. I think that shed is bigger than my flat - and it
has air conditioning.

It probably is. ;-(
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/301%20inside.JPG

Not sure, but looks like it might be bigger than the *owner's* house too!
http://www.arealnice.com/shop/009%20Complete%20Shop.JPG

David