Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bath panel

can anyone please tell me how to fit a bath side panel my plumber has
let me down again
so am trying to do it myself the problem im having is the top where it
meets the bath i cant
get it fixed solid please help thanks

--
tony g
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony g wrote:
can anyone please tell me how to fit a bath side panel my plumber has
let me down again
so am trying to do it myself the problem im having is the top where it
meets the bath i cant
get it fixed solid please help thanks

The top of the bath panel fits in first ie its recessed under the rim of
the bath in most cases.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
tony g wrote:
can anyone please tell me how to fit a bath side panel my plumber has
let me down again
so am trying to do it myself the problem im having is the top where it
meets the bath i cant
get it fixed solid please help thanks

The top of the bath panel fits in first ie its recessed under the rim of
the bath in most cases.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Hardly a plumbing job is it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony g wrote:
can anyone please tell me how to fit a bath side panel my plumber
has let me down again
so am trying to do it myself the problem im having is the top where
it meets the bath i cant
get it fixed solid please help thanks

The top of the bath panel fits in first ie its recessed under the
rim of the bath in most cases.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Hardly a plumbing job is it?

Why tell me,tell the OP.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
writes

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
tony g wrote:
can anyone please tell me how to fit a bath side panel my plumber has
let me down again
so am trying to do it myself the problem im having is the top where it
meets the bath i cant
get it fixed solid please help thanks

The top of the bath panel fits in first ie its recessed under the rim of
the bath in most cases.

Hardly a plumbing job is it?

No but I'm assuming it was this plumbers job as they fitted the bath, or
removed the panel for maintenance.

I guess these things vary. The bath in my old house which I fitted had a
plastic panel and IIRC a couple of metal spring clips which the top
pushed into. The one in this house, older bath, has screws or somesuch
which are in the top of the panel that seem to fit under the top rim and
hold it in place (though it's a bugger to remove and replace, I still
haven't got it all back in from when I had to move it)

To the OP, is this a new bath or old fitment? Plastic panel or wood?
Straight bath or curved edge
--
Chris French