Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default handle less kitchen

Hi,
saw ages ago (somewhere ?) a fitted kitchen without any handles, but it
had fittings on the doors / drawers so you pushed them in and the
popped out so you could open them.

If I didnt dream this, can you buy such fittings ? are they any good ?

cheers
Simon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If I didnt dream this, can you buy such fittings ? are they any good ?

Easily obtained. I think I saw some in B&Q. Even if not, you shouldn't have
too much difficulty finding some.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
If I didnt dream this, can you buy such fittings ? are they any good ?

Easily obtained. I think I saw some in B&Q. Even if not, you shouldn't have
too much difficulty finding some.

Christian.

thanks, do you know what they are called Googling "things what open
doors but are not handles" brings back as many results as you imagine .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

although I cant imagine a loft needing to push shut / push open ...

They are for when you have a downward opening hatch for use with a
folding loft ladder. Avoids having any thing visible on the room side
of the hatch. The you keep a piece of broom handle in the room for
prodding the hatch to open or close it.