Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changing gas & elec suppliers

I'm at the moment with British gas supplying my gas and elec at standard
rate. I'm looking around for an alternative cheaper supplier and uSwitch
recommended "Atlantic Electric and Gas" which is part of Scotish and
Southern energy.

Has anyone had experience of :
1/ changing their supplier
2/ Atlantic Elec' & G?

Regards

Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y
LSR LSR is offline

Donwill wrote:
I'm at the moment with British gas supplying my gas and elec at
standard rate. I'm looking around for an alternative cheaper supplier
and uSwitch recommended "Atlantic Electric and Gas" which is part of
Scotish and Southern energy.

Has anyone had experience of :
1/ changing their supplier
2/ Atlantic Elec' & G?

Regards

Don

We switched to Atlantic several years ago for both gas and electricity and
have had no problems at all. You even get a "loyalty bonus" refund (2 x £20
or so) every year which I don't think the calculator includes.
--
LSR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:56:47 +0100, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot
wrote:

I'm at the moment with British gas supplying my gas and elec at standard
rate. I'm looking around for an alternative cheaper supplier and uSwitch
recommended "Atlantic Electric and Gas" which is part of Scotish and
Southern energy.

Has anyone had experience of :
1/ changing their supplier
2/ Atlantic Elec' & G?

Have you investigated Equigas and Equipower's rates? I am just in the
process of switching from Powergen (gas) and Southern Electric
(electricity) to Equigas and Equipower, respectively. So far all has
been straightforward.

I also did a switch of gas suppliers several years ago when
privatisation started. That too was straightforward.

Al D
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you investigated Equigas and Equipower's rates?

PS to the OP...

They`re also listed on uswitch, but you have to make sure you tick the
"include social tariffs" and "include suppliers uswitch can`t swap you
to"

PPS: I found it took close to 3 months for everything to get into place
when I swapped back in late Feb this year.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:39:08 UTC, Colin Wilson
wrote:

Have you investigated Equigas and Equipower's rates?

PS to the OP...

They`re also listed on uswitch, but you have to make sure you tick the
"include social tariffs" and "include suppliers uswitch can`t swap you
to"

And if you do then have a look at their details, you'll find that
Uswitch give dire warnings about how small a company they are and how
they've not been around long.

All rubbish, but then Uswitch get nothing if you switch to them. I have
switched though!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

They`re also listed on uswitch, but you have to make sure you tick the
"include social tariffs" and "include suppliers uswitch can`t swap you
to"

And if you do then have a look at their details, you'll find that
Uswitch give dire warnings about how small a company they are and how
they've not been around long.

I couldn`t see that last time I looked (a week or two ago) - i`m
wondering if they`ve been forced to remove it :-p

I was trying to show their bitchy comments to a colleague :-}

Incidentally, Southern Electric do all billing, and their bills can be
seen in all their simplified glory here for those who want to see how
clear they a

http://www.willow30.co.uk/equigas1.jpg
http://www.willow30.co.uk/equigas2.jpg
http://www.willow30.co.uk/equipower1.jpg
http://www.willow30.co.uk/equipower2.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:37:39 UTC, Colin Wilson
wrote:

They`re also listed on uswitch, but you have to make sure you tick the
"include social tariffs" and "include suppliers uswitch can`t swap you
to"

And if you do then have a look at their details, you'll find that
Uswitch give dire warnings about how small a company they are and how
they've not been around long.

I couldn`t see that last time I looked (a week or two ago) - i`m
wondering if they`ve been forced to remove it :-p

I was trying to show their bitchy comments to a colleague :-}

They've changed the website quite a lot since I last looked. They're
mutedly unenthusiastic, and are clearly trying now in just a low-key way
to put people off Equi*.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Have you investigated Equigas and Equipower's rates?

PS to the OP...

They`re also listed on uswitch, but you have to make sure you tick the
"include social tariffs" and "include suppliers uswitch can`t swap you
to"

And if you do then have a look at their details, you'll find that
Uswitch give dire warnings about how small a company they are and how
they've not been around long.

All rubbish, but then Uswitch get nothing if you switch to them. I have
switched though!

I found one of the switchers websites was using rates for my provider
far worse than I was actually paying. Seems I had signed up for a rate
guarantee some years ago.

By researching myself I eventually did get a better deal from
Sainsbury's energy + Nectar points.

DG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Aug 2006 20:56:29 GMT someone who may be "Bob Eager"
wrote this:-

And if you do then have a look at their details, you'll find that
Uswitch give dire warnings about how small a company they are

Which does assume that large companies are better than small ones in
one or more ways. The riposte to this assertion is, "British Gas".

and how they've not been around long.

They have been supplying gas for six or seven years IIRC and
electricity for a couple of years less.

Provided one agrees with their view of what they are doing I suspect
they are an excellent supplier. Those that don't agree can simply
evaluate them on price alone.

All rubbish, but then Uswitch get nothing if you switch to them.

Indeed, which is why Ebico made a bit of a fuss in the mass media
early this year.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

Bob Eager wrote:
And if you do then have a look at their details, you'll find that
Uswitch give dire warnings about how small a company they are and how
they've not been around long.

Can't see how the size of the co matters. It not like you are paying in
advance, nor is it a product you might want to send back if it's faulty.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:48:25 UTC, djc
wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
And if you do then have a look at their details, you'll find that
Uswitch give dire warnings about how small a company they are and how
they've not been around long.

Can't see how the size of the co matters. It not like you are paying in
advance, nor is it a product you might want to send back if it's faulty.

Oh, I agree. Pure scaremongering. They seem to have dropped that now,
contenting themselves with subtle hints. They have also arranged it so
that only the most precise search criteria show them as an option; I
knew they were there, and it still took me several goes!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:39:08 +0100 someone who may be Colin Wilson
wrote this:-

PPS: I found it took close to 3 months for everything to get into place
when I swapped back in late Feb this year.

I think there were a huge number of people changing supplier at the
time, after British Gas took the **** with their 22% price rise. It
certainly took longer then usual at the time.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you investigated Equigas and Equipower's rates? I am just in the
process of switching from Powergen (gas) and Southern Electric
(electricity) to Equigas and Equipower, respectively. So far all has
been straightforward.

I have looked at changing suppliers following the advice from
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ with a link to
http://www.energyhelpline.com/energy/rg_home.aspx?aid=0

Dual fuel from Equigas and Equipower are predicted to save me £400
(29%). BUT moneyexpert predicts that their prices are due to rise in
September. The next best supplier is Atlantic Electric & Gas -
Internet Direct No Standing Charge offering a saving of 14%

HTH Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:08:40 +0100 someone who may be Richard
wrote this:-

Dual fuel from Equigas and Equipower are predicted to save me £400
(29%). BUT moneyexpert predicts that their prices are due to rise in
September.

That may well be the case, but unless they rise by an incredible
amount they will still be worthwhile, even for those who only
consider money in their evaluation.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-18 17:54:13 +0100, David Hansen

wrote this:-

Dual fuel from Equigas and Equipower are predicted to save me £400
(29%). BUT moneyexpert predicts that their prices are due to rise in
September.

That may well be the case, but unless they rise by an incredible
amount they will still be worthwhile, even for those who only
consider money in their evaluation.

What else is there to consider, apart perhaps from level of service
when one needs to contact them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:53:50 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

That may well be the case, but unless they rise by an incredible
amount they will still be worthwhile, even for those who only
consider money in their evaluation.

What else is there to consider, apart perhaps from level of service
when one needs to contact them?

Some people may consider their approach to poorer customers to be
important, or promoting the structure of the business.

Very many decisions are not just based on money.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Dual fuel from Equigas and Equipower are predicted to save me £400
(29%). BUT moneyexpert predicts that their prices are due to rise in
September.

That may well be the case, but unless they rise by an incredible
amount they will still be worthwhile, even for those who only
consider money in their evaluation.

The estimated Sept price rise is 20- 40 %
Their last price rise was in Sept 2005.

see

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...03281560,22751

Interestingly I have found that dual fuel is no longer the cheapest
option for me.

Robert
Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:56:47 +0100, Donwill wrote:

I'm at the moment with British gas supplying my gas and elec at standard
rate. I'm looking around for an alternative cheaper supplier and uSwitch
recommended "Atlantic Electric and Gas" which is part of Scotish and
Southern energy.

Has anyone had experience of :
1/ changing their supplier

BG are the devil, I've switched from them twice now (2 properties) and both
times they have ended up threatening court action. The first time it was
because they took a CC payment without using the account number so the
payment went MIA. The second time the refused to take a final reading and
insisted on using their estimated final reading (huh?), at least this time
I had found energywatch who sorted them out with one letter.

Steve

Digitek Monitor (screen size keeps changing) Richard Electronics Repair 0 July 22nd 06 04:21 AM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
Changing A Lightbulb, A lesson in Posting? Boris Beizer Metalworking 5 March 27th 04 12:20 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
Changing a light bulb jay UK diy 11 October 18th 03 08:28 PM