Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charles Lamont

Default domestic non-power wiring services

I want to install up-to-date non-power wiring as I work through this
(old) house with 'heavy redecorating'. I think I want a computer network
and whatever other services might be deemed necessary today, eg: tv,
fm/digital radio, phone.

What would be appropriate reasonably up-market future-proof services to
provide and standards to adopt?

For example, for the network, would 'structured cabling' (by which I
think I mean Cat 5 STP & RJ45's) still be appropriate?

Most rooms will probably have the plaster skimmed, so there is no
problem with chasing in. I intend to install oval conduit for the
'extra' wiring, so that it can be replaced if it becomes obsolete.

I am not too happy about a wireless network on the basis of some fairly
feeble notions: more kit to buy, more to go wrong, probably not secure,
waste of electricity, stray rf is pollution.

--
Charles Lamont

power flushing Andy Hall UK diy 4 September 9th 03 11:59 PM
Power to Garage and Shed/workshop Eric the Red UK diy 3 August 29th 03 06:22 PM
Cooker wiring Jaime UK diy 23 July 29th 03 03:50 PM
Burying gas and electric services in concrete. David W.E. Roberts UK diy 3 July 15th 03 11:21 AM
Electrical Wiring Grouping Factors in IEE Regs pickerel UK diy 5 July 14th 03 01:26 AM