Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing Toilet Bowl and Cistern

We moved into a 50's house recently. We have inherited a small toilet which
has a space saving, plastic, cistern with a plastic outlet pipe to the bowl,
the cistern has reduced depth; but is taller to compensate for this depth
reduction.

The bowl is not efficient since it won't flush properly, a la: Billy
Connolly's "Jobbie Weecher". There was a build up of scale inside the rim
around the bowl; which was interrupting the flow of water to the front when
flushing, I managed to improve this by applying descaler from B & Q; but it
is still not satisfactory.

I want to replace this setup with a close coupled unit which is also space
saving, can anyone recommend a supplier and make?

Jaymack

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John McLean wrote:
We moved into a 50's house recently. We have inherited a small toilet which
has a space saving, plastic, cistern with a plastic outlet pipe to the bowl,
the cistern has reduced depth; but is taller to compensate for this depth
reduction.

The bowl is not efficient since it won't flush properly, a la: Billy
Connolly's "Jobbie Weecher". There was a build up of scale inside the rim
around the bowl; which was interrupting the flow of water to the front when
flushing, I managed to improve this by applying descaler from B & Q; but it
is still not satisfactory.

I want to replace this setup with a close coupled unit which is also space
saving, can anyone recommend a supplier and make?

Jaymack

go to your nearest plumbers merchant and look around for what you want.
pretend you are a plumber and ask for the trade price and bingo.
they wont know you are not a plumber unless you start asking questions.
If you ask a plumber to fit it you pay three times the price at least.
some are already fully rigged up so just plonk it down where the old
one was and get a multiwick to suit it and connect the half inch water
supply with a bit of plastic half inch qualpex piping.