Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hers a puzzle for the Digi-TV freaks?

We have three (presumably) identical sony STB's attached to three
separate TV's all driven by boosted signals from a labgear dist amp.

Last night ONE, and only ONE was giving either 'no audio/video or a red
screen announcing that yes, you had BBC4, but it wasn't actually on.

The other two were showing the Copenhagen film.

All showed 100% signal level and quality.

By going into the manual tune section, I was able to pull BBC4 up on
channel 39..

I selected it, and then on exiting the menu, but not before, finally
normal service was resumed.

I cannot for the life of me puzzle this one out...anyone got any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I cannot for the life of me puzzle this one out...anyone got any
ideas?

Gremlins. Definitely.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:05:21 +0100, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I cannot for the life of me puzzle this one out...anyone got any
ideas?

Gremlins. Definitely.

He said it was 'Copenhagen film' ?

All the best ..

T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

Gremlins. Definitely.

He said it was 'Copenhagen film' ?

I wonder if he'd paid the £5 for the night's viewing?
ummmmm... at least I've heard that's the current rate.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
We have three (presumably) identical sony STB's attached to three
separate TV's all driven by boosted signals from a labgear dist amp.

Last night ONE, and only ONE was giving either 'no audio/video or a red
screen announcing that yes, you had BBC4, but it wasn't actually on.

The other two were showing the Copenhagen film.

All showed 100% signal level and quality.

By going into the manual tune section, I was able to pull BBC4 up on
channel 39..

I selected it, and then on exiting the menu, but not before, finally
normal service was resumed.

I cannot for the life of me puzzle this one out...anyone got any ideas?

If you select BBC3 or BBC4 before 7:00pm then the red screen stays on
after 7:00pm and you have to select another channel and then go back to
BBC3 or 4 to get the real picture. There's a note to this effect on the
red screen.

MBQ