Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how come the smaller outlet

can charge less than the bigger outlet, I thought it was the other way
round?

Two local decorater shops are selling 10 litres johnsons trade matt white
for 13.99GBP and 12.99GBP and the sheds are selling it for 16.99GBP

Most odd.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
can charge less than the bigger outlet, I thought it was the other way
round?

Two local decorater shops are selling 10 litres johnsons trade matt white
for 13.99GBP and 12.99GBP and the sheds are selling it for 16.99GBP

Most odd.

Just because the bigger outlet may be able to purchase them cheaper than
the smaller outlet, it doesn't mean they don't want to make more profit...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 14:32:30 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:

can charge less than the bigger outlet, I thought it was the other way
round?

Two local decorater shops are selling 10 litres johnsons trade matt white
for 13.99GBP and 12.99GBP and the sheds are selling it for 16.99GBP

Most odd.

The reason the big places are so profitable is that people think they are cheaper because they are
bigger....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Cornish wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
can charge less than the bigger outlet, I thought it was the other
way round?

Two local decorater shops are selling 10 litres johnsons trade matt
white for 13.99GBP and 12.99GBP and the sheds are selling it for
16.99GBP Most odd.

Just because the bigger outlet may be able to purchase them cheaper
than the smaller outlet, it doesn't mean they don't want to make more
profit...

My local independant plumbers merchant is much, much cheaper that Wickes or
B&Q - and they know what they are talking about!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
can charge less than the bigger outlet, I thought it was the other way
round?

Why? You're falsely assuming the price charged to you bears any
particular correlation with the price they've paid. Both outlets will
sell it for what they can.

Mathew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Two local decorater shops are selling 10 litres johnsons trade matt white
for 13.99GBP and 12.99GBP and the sheds are selling it for 16.99GBP

Gouging, innit. The prices charged by retailers, particularly the sheds
are just plucked from the air according to the perceived value of the
product and nothing to do with the cost.

For example, my nephew works for a shipping firm who deliver for a well
known leather sofa firm. When accidents happen they only pay the
leathershed for the supply cost of the item - rarely more than £50 for a
sofa, often under £30.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Mike Harrison contains these words:

The reason the big places are so profitable is that people think they
are cheaper because they are
bigger....

eBay - people often pay more for something than they could buy it in the
highstreet for.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Two local decorater shops are selling 10 litres johnsons trade matt white
for 13.99GBP and 12.99GBP and the sheds are selling it for 16.99GBP

Gouging, innit. The prices charged by retailers, particularly the sheds
are just plucked from the air according to the perceived value of the
product and nothing to do with the cost.

For example, my nephew works for a shipping firm who deliver for a well
known leather sofa firm. When accidents happen they only pay the
leathershed for the supply cost of the item - rarely more than £50 for a
sofa, often under £30.

Time to hatch a plot - how do we got £50 sofas?

NT

GFCI Outlet Wiring Question Alan Home Repair 7 August 7th 05 05:42 PM
Removing Wall outlet kato Home Repair 15 August 1st 05 09:42 PM
Can I do this? Outlet with cable and 120v in it? Steve Home Repair 39 November 29th 04 04:46 PM
2-prong outlet, 3-prong p barry martin Home Repair 2 November 27th 04 04:14 AM
220V outlet jj3000 Home Repair 2 November 18th 04 04:02 AM