Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC sized fibre washers?

Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

You mean the MoBo insulators? try a loal shop that builds the computers or
even maplins

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

Oh! I thought you meant politically correct sized washers!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:39:59 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

You mean the MoBo insulators?

They are the Badgers ;-)

try a loal shop that builds the computers

They could do with some themselves! ;-)

or
even maplins

Ah, ok, I'll give em a try. I was hoping to find the Co that
*supplies* Maplin ....

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:11:54 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

Oh! I thought you meant politically correct sized washers!

That's why I thought I'd better explain it Mary. I'm told some folk
have never built a PC! (hard to believe I know). ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

Oh! I thought you meant politically correct sized washers!

That's why I thought I'd better explain it Mary. I'm told some folk
have never built a PC! (hard to believe I know). ;-)

Really? This should be part of the national curriculum and certainly a
prerequisite
for silver surfers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

RS are prolly as good as anywhere

.... or Orbital Fasteners here in Watford

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m said the following on 04/08/2006 15:18:
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

These what you're looking for?

http://shop.component-tecknology.co....ducts_id=25596

http://www.toolfastdirect.co.uk/acat...t_Washers.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

Oh! I thought you meant politically correct sized washers!

That's why I thought I'd better explain it Mary. I'm told some folk
have never built a PC! (hard to believe I know). ;-)

Really?

Apparently .. and in this day and age eh!

This should be part of the national curriculum and certainly a
prerequisite
for silver surfers

Yup .. and might keep them indoors at the weekend, leaving the roads
clear for the rest of us ;-)

All the best ..

T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:00:34 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

RS are prolly as good as anywhere

Never think of RS any more .. not sure why other than I felt they were
probably good quality but expensive?

... or Orbital Fasteners here in Watford

Just Googled them .. interesting stuff Geoff ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 20:52:56 +0100, Rumble .@. wrote:

T i m said the following on 04/08/2006 15:18:
Hi All,

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

All the best ..

T i m

These what you're looking for?

http://shop.component-tecknology.co....ducts_id=25596

Ok ..

http://www.toolfastdirect.co.uk/acat...t_Washers.html

Bingo .. less than 20 quid (inc delivery) for 2000 of the little
beasts! (unless anyone can beat that ... ) ;-)

Cheers Rumble ;-)

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:30:01 +0100, Mark S.
wrote:

No, not 'PC sized fibre washers' but the little fibre washers like you
typically get with a new PC case ... from where please (by the
hundred)?

Only pc I ever built using them wouldn't boot. :-)

I generally only use them on the top Mobo screws (as a sort of gentle
tension washer and insuring any tracks near the mounting holes aren't
shorted) and glued to the nasty pressed steel pillars if the
underneath Mobo mounting pads aren't very large?

Can't think I've ever had one *not* work because of washers .. shrug

Bound to happen though ..

All the best ..

T i m

Help ! changed bath tap washers and now no water JWH Home Repair 8 July 28th 06 06:09 PM
washers for drain cocks marbles UK diy 2 July 8th 06 12:42 AM
Stacking Washers... michele Home Ownership 4 February 10th 05 12:11 AM
Small washers John UK diy 1 August 29th 04 12:19 AM
Source for GOOD bolts, washers, copper washers, etc? Miki Kanazawa Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 11:45 PM