Owain

Default Somebody likes a challenge

http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/scotland.cfm?id=976202003

THE Dobson family home has nine bathrooms but no hot water. They can choose
from nearly 30 toilets but until last week were answering the call of nature
outside. And with no heating, they are already casting a nervous eye towards
winter. ...

Renovating the building will be a huge task. Duncraig has 29 bedrooms, four
main reception areas, any number of smaller rooms, and special features such
as a minstrels' gallery and its own chapel, which the family may allow to be
used for small weddings in the future. There is also an annex used for the
domestic college, complete with classrooms, sinks and even schoolbooks.

Owain

Andy Hall

On 5 Sep 2003 18:14:48 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

"Owain" writes:
http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/scotland.cfm?id=976202003

THE Dobson family home has nine bathrooms but no hot water. They can choose
from nearly 30 toilets but until last week were answering the call of nature
outside. And with no heating, they are already casting a nervous eye towards
winter. ...

Lucky, lucky b*stards.

True, but having the in-laws in the same house all the time???

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Owain

"Andy Hall" wrote
| (Huge) wrote:
| "Owain" writes:
| http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/scotland.cfm?id=976202003
| THE Dobson family home has nine bathrooms but no hot water. They can
| choose from nearly 30 toilets but until last week were answering the
| call of nature outside. And with no heating, they are already casting
| a nervous eye towards winter. ...
| Lucky, lucky b*stards.
| True, but having the in-laws in the same house all the time???

Just have to take refuge in one of the local pubs ...

The Plockton Hotel has won the Scottish Pub of the Year award, while the
Plockton Inn and Seafood Restaurant is the AA Scottish Seafish Pub of the
Year.
http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/scotland.cfm?id=976972003

Owain

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Owain wrote:
And with no heating, they are already casting a nervous eye towards
winter. ...

Strange house that was built without fireplaces?

I was brought up in the NE of Scotland. Our house had an open fire in the
living room, and no heating anywhere else - certainly when I was little.
Later on there was an electric heater that could be used in other rooms -
if you were ill. ;-)

People these days...

--
*Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Peter Ashby

In article ,
Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
Owain wrote:
And with no heating, they are already casting a nervous eye towards
winter. ...

Strange house that was built without fireplaces?

I was brought up in the NE of Scotland. Our house had an open fire in the
living room, and no heating anywhere else - certainly when I was little.
Later on there was an electric heater that could be used in other rooms -
if you were ill. ;-)

People these days...

Indeed, thinking back to the house where we lived when I was born. My
parents bought it from new which makes it 1962. It had an oil fired
heater in the lounge, the flue from which passed uninsulated through the
upstairs and imparted some general heat. This was Ayrshire btw. No
wonder on moving to Southern New Zealand we didn't find the lack of
central heating unremarkable. Central heating is still remarkable there.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.