Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any good 'Part P' Electricians in NE London available now?

Hi, we need a good value honest bloke (or lady!) to come and update the
cross-wiring in the kitchen, and fit a Fuse Spur to the Combi-Boiler in the
same kitchen. It's for my Tenant who lives in a flat in London E8 and this
is needed urgently so we can get a new boiler installed.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks,
Me

Try Google Quik-e-search™ at www.Superhighstreet.com/home
....Finds anything or they buy it for you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Tomlinson wrote:

Hi, we need a good value honest bloke (or lady!) to come and update the
cross-wiring in the kitchen,

Cross-wiring? If you mean supplementary bonding (sometimes called cross
bonding) then that's not required in kitchens, only bath and shower rooms.

and fit a Fuse Spur to the Combi-Boiler in the same kitchen.

A Corgi registered heating installer will usually be qualified to do
this themselves, under a limited-scope Part P scheme, which enables them
(or someone in their firm) to do all the electrical work associated with
installing the boiler.

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Chris Tomlinson wrote:

Hi, we need a good value honest bloke (or lady!) to come and update the
cross-wiring in the kitchen,

Cross-wiring? If you mean supplementary bonding (sometimes called cross
bonding) then that's not required in kitchens, only bath and shower rooms.

Sorry yes 'cross-bonding'. Apparently this *is* required because I have the
boiler in the kitchen, which needs cross-bonding. Perhaps someone will be
able to confirm this is correct here, even though it is in the kitchen?

and fit a Fuse Spur to the Combi-Boiler in the same kitchen.

A Corgi registered heating installer will usually be qualified to do this
themselves, under a limited-scope Part P scheme, which enables them (or
someone in their firm) to do all the electrical work associated with
installing the boiler.

Thanks, but British Gas are not authorised for such work. And before you
say anything, they have quoted me £525 all inc. to replace the combi boiler
if I supply it (which I bought new privately for £360). Other quotes from
people recommended here were coming in at £1,800+.
--
Thanks,
Me

Try Google Quik-e-searchT at www.Superhighstreet.com/home
....Finds anything or they buy it for you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Tomlinson wrote:
"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Chris Tomlinson wrote:

Hi, we need a good value honest bloke (or lady!) to come and update the
cross-wiring in the kitchen,

Cross-wiring? If you mean supplementary bonding (sometimes called cross
bonding) then that's not required in kitchens, only bath and shower rooms.

Sorry yes 'cross-bonding'. Apparently this *is* required because I have the
boiler in the kitchen, which needs cross-bonding. Perhaps someone will be
able to confirm this is correct here, even though it is in the kitchen?

Fairly sure that's not the case but I'm sure someone else will confirm.
The usual difficulty is persuading these characters that they are in the
wrong - they don't like being told they are wrong by a punter waving a
bit of internet printout!

My tame sparks failed my first house-rewire on the basis of little more
than my not having fitted supplementary bonding in the kitchen; I did
query it with him but he was adamant it needed doing. I didn't feel it
was worth digging in my heels over a couple of feet of earth cable and
clamps, so acquiesced and just fit the bonding routinely now (the sparks
concerned is great in every other way, so I put up with it!)

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Chris Tomlinson wrote:
"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Chris Tomlinson wrote:

[...]

Without question, this is correct, supplentary bonding is required only for
rooms containing a bath or a shower. Not on the boiler, or the kitchen sink.

Regards

Steve Dawson

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joe Joe is offline

Lobster wrote:
Chris Tomlinson wrote:
"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Chris Tomlinson wrote:

[...]

This is obviously an 'organisation' thing. We had a kitchen fitted last
year, and the fitter was adamant it had to be done. So much so, that he
did it anyway even though we refused to pay for it. And waving the OSG
didn't help: 'not the current edition' 'yes, it is, it's the one shown
on the IEE website today'. Apart from that, he was very good. Came in
on Easter Sunday to finish off the silicone around the edge.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen Dawson wrote:

Without question, this is correct, supplentary bonding is required only for
rooms containing a bath or a shower. Not on the boiler, or the kitchen sink.

I suppose it's possible that they might have been talking about the need
to add missing *main* bonding to the water main, which is quite likely
to rise in the kitchen, of course.

--
Andy

2 Part Epoxy vs. One Part for Garage floor? [email protected] Home Repair 23 November 4th 19 06:18 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Part P is bo**ox! DIY rules! Part P Avoider UK diy 8 December 6th 05 03:46 PM
Recommendations for beginner machinist tools, please... [email protected] Metalworking 12 January 26th 05 07:57 AM