Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door holder

I am trying to find, or make something to hold the back doors open so
they don't blow in the wind. The doors are two sets of three folding
sliding doors and there is a deck immediately outside the doors.

My idea is to have a bolt that is recessed in to the decking that I can
push with my foot to lift it up then push it again to lower it.

Does anyone know what these things are called or where I might get them
from?

Sean

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sean Delere" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to find, or make something to hold the back doors open so
they don't blow in the wind. The doors are two sets of three folding
sliding doors and there is a deck immediately outside the doors.

My idea is to have a bolt that is recessed in to the decking that I can
push with my foot to lift it up then push it again to lower it.

Does anyone know what these things are called or where I might get them
from?

Ok....It's American but
http://www.robertbrooke.com/door_sto...nger_type.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Alun Davies" wrote in
:

My idea is to have a bolt that is recessed in to the decking that I can
push with my foot to lift it up then push it again to lower it.

Ok....It's American but
http://www.robertbrooke.com/door_sto...nger_type.html

I didn't think that was what Alun wanted, but if it is...

screwfix part no 47718-81 Door Holder.

HTH

mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I didn't think that was what Alun wanted, but if it is...

screwfix part no 47718-81 Door Holder.

I did look at these devices but it is not what I want as I really don't
want to drill the doors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another thought would be some kind of spring loaded wedge that would
fold down as the door passed over it then spring up in front stopping
the door from blowing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30 Jul 2006 12:09:58 -0700, "Sean Delere"
wrote:

| I didn't think that was what Alun wanted, but if it is...
|
| screwfix part no 47718-81 Door Holder.
|
|I did look at these devices but it is not what I want as I really don't
|want to drill the doors.

Lidl have some *very* good and strong wedge door stops next Thursday.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...orstoppers.ar8
I got two last time and will get another 4 this time
The price is GBP 2.49 per *pair*.

As always the craziest things get snapped up in a short time, so try to get
to the local store when it opens, they may be gone by evening. When they
are gone they are gone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sean Delere" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to find, or make something to hold the back doors open so
they don't blow in the wind. The doors are two sets of three folding
sliding doors and there is a deck immediately outside the doors.

My idea is to have a bolt that is recessed in to the decking that I can
push with my foot to lift it up then push it again to lower it.

Does anyone know what these things are called or where I might get them
from?

Sean

========================
Have a look at this page (scroll down to 'gate stops'):

http://www.connectstores.com/bernards/sp_15242.html

I doubt if these would suit your purpose as they stand but you could easily
make up something similar (with flat top surface) which could be let into
the deck.

Cic.

----
It has removed 110 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "Sean Delere" contains these words:

Another thought would be some kind of spring loaded wedge that would
fold down as the door passed over it then spring up in front stopping
the door from blowing.

That would be comparatively simple to engineer, too. You could knock one
out out of cannibalised brass things in an afternoon with simple tools.

--
Skipweasel