Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powergen 10% + 30% rant

"Dave" wrote in message
Just had this price hike detals from Powergen. The much advertised (!)
rise in
basic rate IS indeed "only" another 10%. (Since last April that is),

However closer inspection shows that their standing charge per day has
increased
in a single step by a staggering 30 PERCENT. From 34p to 49p per day (They
presumably don't put in monthly figures because it looks even more
outragious an
increase, from c. £10,20 to c. £14,40).

Actually, increasing the daily rate EVECTIVELLY PENALISES USERS WHO TRY TO
SAVE
MONEY BY USING LESS ELECTRICITY. This is truely outrageous in term of any
"Green" policy and imho a very devious way of gaining more revenue.

I'm off to uswitch NOW. btw Anyone know if there's any body worth writing
complaint to - some Ombudsman maybe or DEFRA perhaps? Probably a waste of
time
but maybe a good way to let off steam.

btw please don't tell me we've had cheap supply from the North sea for
years and
all the rest of it - I know that already. I also know of this incompetenet
governments energy plans and general policy methodology of retro-action.
I've
even hear that next year bills *may* come down when the new piplines from
Holland and ? come on stream. Yeah and pigs might fly. As I see it Nuclear
is
the ONLY way to secure our future power supply and stop the Russkies
turning off
the tap when they want.

Money Saving Expert website is recommending "Don't Switch Now".

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...03281560,22751,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-29 15:05:29 +0100, "Mark" said:

"elyob" wrote in message

Money Saving Expert website is recommending "Don't Switch Now".

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...03281560,22751,

I am with EDF energy and have just had a letter with the tarrif
increases first 225 per quarter 11.35p then 7.65p for electricity inc
vat
and for gas first 1465 per quarter 2.619p then 1.902p. I used uswitch
and was getting -£180 savings. At first I thought I could save £180
then noticed it was a minus figure.
Mark

It would certainly make sense to wait until all the players have played
their hands before jumping supplier.

Last time this happened, a switch from supplier would have resulted in
an apparent £250 pa saving. That was until the following week when it
would have been a £5 one. I wouldn't waste my time for that amount.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-29 15:05:29 +0100, "Mark"
said:

"elyob" wrote in message

Money Saving Expert website is recommending "Don't Switch Now".

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...03281560,22751,

I am with EDF energy and have just had a letter with the tarrif increases
first 225 per quarter 11.35p then 7.65p for electricity inc vat
and for gas first 1465 per quarter 2.619p then 1.902p. I used uswitch and
was getting -£180 savings. At first I thought I could save £180 then
noticed it was a minus figure.
Mark

It would certainly make sense to wait until all the players have played
their hands before jumping supplier.

Last time this happened, a switch from supplier would have resulted in an
apparent £250 pa saving. That was until the following week when it would
have been a £5 one. I wouldn't waste my time for that amount.

Sad thing is, uSwitch make up to £50 for every jump. Each jump pushes my
cost up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 01:49:05 +0100, "elyob"
wrote:

Sad thing is, uSwitch make up to £50 for every jump. Each jump pushes my
cost up.

Probably biased towards the supplier who gives the best commision,
rather than cheapest prices, too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Probably biased towards the supplier who gives the best commision,
rather than cheapest prices, too.

I wish i`d kept their original comments about Ebico !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:28:04 GMT, marvelus wrote:

Probably biased towards the supplier who gives the best commision,
rather than cheapest prices, too.

Not when I looked you can see the details of the tarrifs being offered.
Of course not all suppliers may be listed but you can always use other
"switch" sites that are about to check. But be aware that there is only 2
or 3 actual databases about and many different switch sites just offer
slightly different looking interfaces to the same underlying data. A
decent site will say who their data source is.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail