Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hifi/tv cabling

I have a hifi unit which I wish to contain all audi-visual equipment.
The TV is sat on tuther side of the room and will be replaced by an on wall
lcd when prices calm down further.
I want to cable between these 2 locations and in the past I have simply
drilled holes in suspended plain boarded floor and looped speaker cable
underneath. Now I need to do something like this again for

speaker cable: room to cellar to room
scart: room to cellar to room
hdmi: wall chase to cellar to room
antennae/dish: cellar to room

Lots of holes!

Speaker end I can live with a single hole for each of stereo only. But hifi
unit end would be best to have some flexible interface in either the wall or
the floor. Something that does not limit me to specific plug/sockets or
better just plain cable with no further degrading components. Basically
something to let cables in, look neat and prevent drafts.

Any ideas/experiences?

TIA,
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
VisionSet wrote:
Speaker end I can live with a single hole for each of stereo only. But
hifi unit end would be best to have some flexible interface in either
the wall or the floor. Something that does not limit me to specific
plug/sockets or better just plain cable with no further degrading
components. Basically something to let cables in, look neat and prevent
drafts.

My preferred way is to use ordinary backing boxes and fabricate the
appropriate outlets using blank plates of the same design as the rest of
the mains sockets. With my TV, I have 2 x SCART, 2 x S-Video, 1 x BNC, 2 x
RF, 6 phonos and 1 x 5-pin DIN. 4 13 amp sockets powered all the time and
2 powered via the AV amp.

--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Garden cabling / electricity - part two! Dundonald UK diy 1 March 26th 05 12:52 AM
Garden cabling / electricity Dundonald UK diy 13 March 25th 05 01:47 PM
Install Ethernet cabling as part of electrical upgrade. Jeffrey J. Kosowsky Home Repair 10 October 30th 04 03:45 AM
Telephone Cabling Dave UK diy 29 October 25th 04 10:05 PM
My television cabling Martin Pentreath UK diy 12 September 17th 03 04:20 PM