Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metal bed fittings required.

Hi guys. Anyone know where to get fittings that are used to hold a
metal bed frame together. There is an allen key bolt that goes onto a
squarish long nut.

many thanks in advance.

I have just bought a frame, but didn't realise the fittings were
missing till it was too late *G*

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys. Anyone know where to get fittings that are used to hold a
metal bed frame together. There is an allen key bolt that goes onto a
squarish long nut.

many thanks in advance.

I have just bought a frame, but didn't realise the fittings were
missing till it was too late *G*

Try this screwfix page

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dont think those will work tony. longest bolt is 50mm and no square
type nuts unfortunately.

thanks for your assistance.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:55:05 +0100, "TMC" wrote:

Try this screwfix page

Isaac Lord sell longer kitchen cupboard connectors than Screwfix (150mm
vs. 100mm, AFAIR). Neither are up to bed or workbench use.

When I make beds I use the simplest, largest and crudest bolts I can -
usually M10, sometimes even bigger. You can always find somewhere to
hide the, especially if they're long enough and you use Allen heads so
they're more easily hidden.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

hi, thanks for all the replies so far.

I didn't buy it new, or from a store so i can't just go back and ask
for the bolts otherwise i would.

I don't even know who the manufacturer is so can't even ask them.

I bought it off a friend who said it didn't need bolts etc to hold it
together. If this was the case i'm sure it wouldn't have bolt holes.

Looking at various screwfix pages sugested by posters, I will have
another look and see if something other than a square nut will suffice.
Not sure if it is square for a reason. I need to check if the nut
area is hollow, ie a normal nut will not do the trick or if there is
just a hole for the bolt to pass through which may mean, a normal nut
will suffice.

I will have a look when i get home tonight.